.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

I was just watching the end...

...of a movie that I started watching yesterday. I was interrupted when I started watching it yesterday. It's not that good, it's actually kind of stupid. I'm no feminist, that's for sure, but I see something exceedingly iniquitous about the way this movie was made.

It's got Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte. They're both playing reporters and they're teasing each other through out the whole movie. They've traveled from Chicago to Wisconsin and they're in adjoining hotel rooms. They take turns staring at each other through the keyhole and when Nolte peers at Roberts, he sees a nice pair of legs. When she peeks back she sees him drop his robe and before you see anything more than his shoulders, you see Roberts dropping her jaw. Not even legs. That's just stupid. I think that women would like to see a nice ass or something every once in a while.

How outlandishly unfair. We hardly EVER see men showing us anything but we are bombarded by women parts all the time. Even in chick flicks, they rarely have a man's ass. I don't know why that is, you'd think that Penny Marshall would appreciate a nice ass-shot every so often, wouldn't you?

And men never wear anything to help us look either. Well, maybe the Mexican dancer dudes, but not your everyday dude. You'd think that with how much they want to get laid, they'd wear something a little tighter. I guess they sort of wear things that show their big muscles, but that's not enough. I'd like to see some ass definition. So, why don't you guys work on that for me...would ya?

My daughter gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I will probably go and have that done today. From what I've heard, they do a good job and even massage your foot. It's kinda sad to think that the closest I can get to being laid is having my feet rubbed by some Korean chick. But, I'm gonna take it where I can. Besides, with the divorce coming up next week, you never know when I might find myself in a position where I will take off my shoes and socks in front of someone. It's nice to know that my feet will look good.

You know, speaking of feet, I've noticed something odd lately. I got a pair of shoes from Vermont man back in June. They're saddle shoes. I looked all over the mall for them and Vermont man finally found them online and bought them for me. Anyway, every time I wear them a man tells me that he likes my shoes. Isn't that odd? I didn't even know men LOOKED at shoes. I got them because I thought they were cute, I never thought that men would pay any attention. And I certainly didn't expect to hear these words from a man, "Oh, I just love your shoes." Oh well, I guess I'll wear them more often.

What else do you guys like? I've had a couple of guys tell me that they like my jeans but I usually assume they aren't talking about the pants that I'm wearing. Who knows, maybe they are. They like the shoes, maybe they really do just like my jeans.

Anything else I should know?

By the way, when I went to the mall, NO ONE knew what saddle shoes were. Not anyone in the shoe stores, not in the department stores, nobody. I couldn't believe it. How many of you must not know what I mean? They're white with one big black stripe down the sides. I HAD to wear them as part of a uniform as a kid, I hated them. But somewhere along the line I learned to like them. And when I wanted a pair, no one knew what they were. I guess I'm older than I thought. Oh well. I guess I should go and save the dog. The cat has him cornered again and he's howling for help.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home