.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hi...

...I slept with someone today! It was a chick from work and we were just exhausted after working all night. She drove me home and she was tired too, so I told her just to crash here and we would go to work later. We sat on my bed watching TV, talking and eating McDonald’s and then we fell asleep. So, it’s not quite what I need, but it WAS sleeping with someone else.

You know, women are a whole lot smaller than men and she was a joy to sleep with because she took up so little space. No one snored and no one took the blankets off of me. If it weren’t for that aversion I have to sex with women, I’d just get myself one of those instead of waiting for a man.

Before we went to “bed”, we looked through my clothes. That’s one of the stupid things that we women do when we get together, we just look through our clothes. I found a bunch of stuff that I had never worn and that she liked so she left here with a big bag full of cute stuff to wear.

Well, I have been working my ass off lately so that I can move to that house I was looking at in Cartersville. I’m not sure if it’s worth it or not, I never seem to have any money no matter HOW much I work. And heaven knows that Rick can’t send the alimony on time to save his life so I can’t count on that. That’s what I get for trying to be nice to him.

Well, what he doesn’t know, and what I didn’t mention when we were speaking, is that my congressman is going to help me with the IRS thing. You may or may not have been reading last spring when he screwed me on the tax return. The short version of that story is that he told me that we owed back taxes and I believed him. So, I agreed to sign a joint tax return (so that any refund could go to the “back taxes”).

Well, there never were any back taxes. He and the dude from H & R Block somehow filed a return without my signature and from what the papers said, Rick got about $2,500 back in his refund and kept it since there was never any debt owed. When I found out, no one would listen when I tried to tell them what he had done. My attorney didn’t care and Rick’s attorney must have just believed him so no one did anything. I was going to let it go but he was being such a dick that I wrote to my congressman. He sent me a privacy release so that he could speak to the IRS on my behalf.

Then, I received a letter from him saying that his office is working on my case now. So, with a congressman working on my behalf with the IRS, I believe that I should get some help soon. And...I believe that Rick will not be able to escape this one by moving to Montana. The long arm of the IRS has no problem reaching even THAT state.

You know, it sounds bitchy when I write it down...but the things that Rick did to me were more than bitch-worthy. Whenever I start to feel guilty, I have to tell myself that Rick never felt guilty, even leaving me when we didn’t know what would happen to me with the cancer. He was so busy with his new sleaze-tress that he HAD to leave right then. If he would have waited a little bit longer, we could have gotten one of those $200 dollar divorces where no one had to do anything except sign the papers and walk away. It would have been over by now but that's not what he wanted. I am usually too nice for my own good but that’s not because I don’t know HOW to be a bitch, it’s just because I prefer NOT to be a bitch. But, I do have that special bitch potential that comes with the boobs that we women wear with such pride.

Some of us use that bitchiness willy nilly, just dumping on everyone we meet. Some of us use it exclusively for men and some just for other women. And then, there are those of us who just use it when we are pushed against the wall and that’s me. I really am a nice person, until I have a reason not to be. I even treat people nicely when they probably don’t deserve it but that’s because I don’t like to let other people control MY standards. I like to be able to say that no matter what, I did the right thing.

Well, every so often, someone pushes me so hard that I can’t be nice anymore and that’s when those boobs of mine really get angry. When that happens, I have no control over them. They just take over and say, “Meg, get ‘em!” So, I listen to my boobs and I just let them do what they have to do. So, that’s what’s happening now.

I don’t feel badly about doing this because Rick never once felt badly about what he did to me and he KEEPS on doing it! I was trying to be nice to him for the last month because of his mother but he has absolutely taken advantage of my decency.

It never occurs to me that people are being assholes until it gets so bad that even me and my stupid brain can’t deny it anymore. With Rick, I would say that I’ve bent over backwards to be nice even after all of the hideous things that he did to me. I don’t know why, other than to say that I don’t think like that so it doesn’t occur to me that someone would be that cruel. I just give people the benefit of the doubt and try to be as nice as I can be. But, if someone pushes me over and over again, I eventually DO get it....I just hope I don’t forget it this time and go back to being nice to him. Help me out with that, would ya? Every so often, email me and tell me that I should not feel badly about defending myself.

I’ve met some new people at work who treat me so nicely that I wish I had known them last year. It wouldn’t have been so bad to go through all of what I went through if I had friends when the worst of everything was happening. But, I let Rick become my entire life and when he was gone, I was totally alone. I like having friends, I had actually forgotten how nice it is to have them.

When I was a teenager, we had this silly saying, “A steady guy is here today, a steady friend is here to stay.” As a teenager I was smart enough to know that. As a grandmother, I should be at LEAST that smart. I’m going to try to remember that from now on.

Oh, and to Congressman Tom Price, thank you and your office staff for all you are doing for me.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home