.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hello there!

I’m back from the dentist. My upper mouth now has a full set of teeth again. Yippee. I hurt like and SOB...but I can smile again. When the dentist offered me pain pills, I told him that I had taken such strong pain medicine with the cancer that I’ve pretty much developed a tolerance to most pain medicines. Well, that sweetie gave me a prescription for percocet. I haven’t had to get it filled yet...but it’s nice to know that it’s there if I need it.

I put up my Christmas tree tonight...that was fun. I hadn’t planned to do it right now but I saw some of those window stickers that you put on big windows in the front of the house. I washed the windows and put them on and the next thing I knew...I was sending the kid to the attic to get the tree and the ornaments. Four hours later and the tree is up, the lights are on outside and the entire living room is a winter wonderland. That’s about the most fun I get out of Christmas anymore. Lord knows I never get any good presents. The last really good Christmas present I got was my Easy Bake Oven. That thing was so cool, it baked little tiny cakes with nothing more than a light bulb. It came with ten mixes and I baked all ten of them that Christmas day. I never used that sucker again...but it sure was a cool gift.

I wish that I could get that Christmas feeling like you get when you’re a kid...don’t you? Only a kid would see Santa talking on the phone, just before sunrise on Christmas morning. I peeked around a corner and watched him as he whispered into the telephone and then I ran to tell my pregnant mother but she wasn’t in her bed. When I went back to the kitchen, Santa was gone and instead, I found my mother drinking a cup of coffee. I was so sad that she had scared Santa away.

Only a kid would see one of Santa's elves sitting in a chair under the Christmas tree. What a scary sight that elf was! He didn’t move and I couldn’t figure out why he was just sitting there. He freaked me out so I went to get my brother who laughed at me when the elf turned out to be a little beauty parlor chair with a head on it so that I could fix the hair on the head.

After you find out that Santa isn’t real...something really neat goes away and never comes back. I was devastated to learn that Santa wasn’t real. But learning about the Easter Bunny was a real downer. I woke up one morning looking for eggs and I couldn’t find any. I was the oldest kid and I was the first to wake up. I couldn’t even find one of the easy eggs for the littlest kids. And then I realized that I didn’t even have an Easter basket. My mother was sleeping on the couch so I shook her shoulder and said, “Mommy, the Easter Bunny didn’t come!”

She jumped up off of the couch and said, “Shit...here, help me hide the eggs!”

Help her hide the eggs? I must have been about 7 and I was just confounded. It wasn’t as much fun hunting for the eggs that Easter...but I did find quite a few. Sometimes I think I was a brat as a kid.

Decorating my house is about all I have anymore. I make it as pretty as I can and then I light the candles and I just look at it all.

My son just told me that Todd called when I ran out to the store so I have to call him back. I like him.

Well...I do like the guy but right now I am on hold. We had been speaking for a while and he got another call. He asked if I would "hold on for just one sedond". I said, "Sure." Then I waited for a couple of minutes and decided to post this thing that I was writing when I called him. When I was posting it, I decided that I would write this paragraph to tell you that I was on hold. I can't believe that I'm still on hold. Oh well...he told me that he could be a jerk at times so I can't be too angry. That's one of the things I like about Todd. Not that he can be a jerk, but that he is so honest with me. That's such an odd feeling for me. I actually don't doubt everything that he says. I don't think that I've ever doubted anything that he's ever said. Well, maybe the, "I'll be back in a second" bullshit, but I haven't ever doubted him about anything important. Well, I've been on hold for quite a while now and I'm bored so I'm going into the living room to watch a movie with my son.

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Laura Clos and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 43 years old. Have been on Percocet for 1 week now. It does kill the pain, but I found that I get itchy with this drug like I do w/ morphine.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Itchiness and bizarre dreams about zombies.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Laura Clos

November 29, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Laura,

Percocet, morphine, codeine and all other narcotic pain killers are histamine releasers and they will ALL cause itching in most people to some extent. It's normal and as long as you don't have trouble breathing or break out in hives, you're fine. The dreams are also possible. I don't want people to stop taking pain meds because they think that they are allergic or having a bad reaction. As you said, it does stop the pain. If the itching is too much for you to deal with, take a benadryl with the pain pill.

Meg

November 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home