.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, December 05, 2005

I think that I should clarify...

...what I spoke about yesterday. I didn’t mean to say that EVERY family who put their loved one in a nursing home was “selfish”, I was specifically referring to those who come in rarely and when they do, the visit consisted of harassing the staff members for any little thing that they can find. They seem to feel as though if they can’t find something to bitch about, their visit has been a waste. They don’t come to spend time with their loved one, they come to whine about the treatment given so that they can leave feeling as though they actually DID something for their parent.

Of course, there are many people who absolutely belong in nursing homes and even many who have loving families who care deeply for their loved one and spend the visits making the resident happy, if even for a short period of time.

Anyway, I just wanted to make it clear that not all family members are difficult, but the ones who are ought to be ashamed of themselves. If they don’t like the way that the nursing home is caring for their loved one, they need to take them home and care for them their selves.

The residents of nursing homes are national treasures of the highest magnitude and they have stories to tell that would fascinate even those of us who don’t have an interest in history.

Last night I had some of my new friends over, we had so much fun doing little more than talking, fixing each other’s hair and putting make up on each other. That doesn’t sound like much fun, but when you’ve been cooped up alone in your house for over a year, even such things are fun.

One of them spent the night and is still sleeping. She’s younger than my youngest kid and I had to go and kiss her on the cheek and give her a hug this morning. It was almost like having my own daughter here. The girls even called me “Mom”. They are sadly, kids who’s parents have, for one stupid reason or another, kicked them out of their homes. These two girls in particular, were kicked out of their homes by new husbands who have taken over the family that they married into. I could never imagine marrying a man who would only have me if I tossed my children out on their ears. While we were “playing” last night, Todd and I called each other a dozen times to play ourselves...I just love having someone who enjoys me, even from a bunch of states away from me.

This guy shows me more attention from about 700 miles away than Rick ever did from across the room. Like I would tell Rick, it doesn’t take much to make me happy...just a bit of attention and an occasional conversation about how much he wanted me. He didn’t. If he did, he certainly kept it a secret from me.

Well, I am still trying to wake up this morning so I’m just going to post this and then write something that should be entertaining and interesting. Then, I’ll be back to write about it for you. I hope your day is going well so far.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home