.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

I just woke up...

...and I wish that I could go back to bed but I can’t. I have to go to the dentist today and I’m not really happy about that. Of course, I will be sucking on the laughing gas and I do love that stuff. It doesn’t stop the pain but it sure as hell makes me not care. This dentist is great...she cranks that stuff so far up that I almost enjoy going to have the work done.

They tried to talk me into a root canal but I’m done with that little dentist’s con. Rather than have a root canal and a crown for two years before I have to have the stupid tooth pulled anyway, I’m going straight for the bridge. The last visit was the one where they made the impression for the bridge and today is the day that they pull the two teeth that they wanted to root canal. I’ll get the bridge today and then I’ll be done with the dentist for a while. They did a few fillings last time, at least that's what they said they did...I was so high on the laughing gas that I don’t know what went on.

If you haven’t had the laughing gas yet, I highly recommend it. My brother used to work in a grocery store as a teenager. He and his friends realized that they use the nitrous as a whipping gas in whipped cream so they would sit in the cooler sucking the gas out of all of the cans of whipped cream. Now, I couldn’t say for sure, but I think that those kids are the reason that cans of whipped cream come wrapped in plastic now.

They’re pulling two teeth today so they better crank that stuff up or else someone will be losing a finger. I haven’t bitten a dentist since I was 13...but if I had to, I wouldn’t hesitate. I don’t know where my hideous fear of dentists came from, but I absolutely need that gas to open my mouth and allow someone to take a huge needle and shove it up my nose from the inside of my mouth.

I’ve already paid for half of it and the other half will really cut into my Christmas. I think that my teeth are the most expensive thing that I own. Besides the regular dental care that everyone has...I’ve had braces, far too many useless root canals, my wisdom teeth were pulled and I paid $3,500 for a bridge...twice. This will be the third bridge that I’ve had for the same part of my mouth. That quadrant of teeth alone has cost me over ten grand. With all the money I’ve spent on my teeth, I could have traveled the world a couple of times.

The last bridge fell out a couple of weeks ago as I was driving and I’ve been walking around all southern looking ever since then. My friends say that they didn’t notice the southern style teeth...but I know it’s there. Or, not there...whatever. This tragedy has cut into my plans to go visit Todd...I’ll be damned if I’m going to travel to meet someone only to smile wide, looking like Mike Tyson and say, “Hi! I’m from Georgia!”
My appointment is at 10 am EST...so think about me then. I’ll be reclining in a dentist’s chair, sucking nitrous and pretending that I’m at a Cubs game. That is, of course, if the dentist and the assistant don’t speak to me. I don’t want to know what they’re doing but they always feel the need to tell me. I was wondering how that little lady dentist is going to pull my teeth and it freaked me out. I never should have stuck my nose into something that doesn’t concern me...now I have all these pictures of Nazi-like tools in my mind.

No one could possibly brush their teeth as much as I do and STILL need so much dental work done. I’m a floss-aholic because I can’t stand not having air flow between my teeth. I brush after every meal and it’s just not fair that I should STILL have to have so many problems. The radiation is the latest of my health problems that has affected the condition of my teeth. I had trigeminal neuralgia years ago. That’s a stupid disease that does nothing but cause gruesome jaw pain. I took a medication called tegretol for years to stop the pain but that stopped working a while back and they did brain surgery to fix it. Before I figured out what the jaw pain was, I had two perfectly good teeth pulled, thinking it had to be those teeth that were causing the pain. I miss those teeth and I’m so very sorry that I had them yanked. I hope they forgive me, wherever they are.

Anyway, by the end of this day, I will be back to having a full head of teeth and then I can go out in public again. Damn...I forgot to take advantage of this opportunity to appear on Jerry Springer. Oh well, maybe someday.

Well, it’s time to feed the animals and then get ready to purposely walk into an office where people are going to hurt me. I will walk in, sit in that chair, open my mouth and let them cause ghastly pain to me. There has to be a better way to have nice teeth.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home