.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, December 09, 2005

I had an interesting conversation today...

...with someone who asked me if I realized how “lucky” I was because of the divorce settlement. Well, I guess you could say that...but I never thought of it that way. I still think that I got screwed. This guy said that Rick must have had a rotten lawyer to let him walk away having to pay so much in alimony in addition to the medical insurance and the other paltry things that Rick had to pay for as a result of the divorce.

Once again, I never thought that I was “lucky” or in anyway really benefiting from the divorce but I did consider how annoying it would be to Rick and his bimbo du jour. He has to pay me close to twice what he paid in child support for two kids. I never asked for alimony...as a matter of fact it never occurred to me that I would get it in this day and age.

Obviously it was worth it to Rick because he didn’t HAVE to leave when I was sick...he could have waited until I either died or went back to work.

With the hurried way in which Rick left...I knew that his tramp was either pregnant or just giving him ultimatums. He wouldn’t have had the balls to leave otherwise. And, as surprised as I was at the way he left, I was twice as surprised when I learned that I would be getting alimony.

Like I said, I haven’t felt anything but screwed but I think I’m going to start looking at it in another way. I’m going to smile a little bit more when I cash those money orders, knowing that while he may have wanted to get rid of me so badly that he left at the worst possible moment...he doesn’t have a whole lot of time to enjoy anything because, according to him, he has to work two jobs to pay me what he owes me. That must suck.

With my other divorce...from the guy who actually HAD a dime...I left him alone. The child support was all I wanted from him. Well, that and a divorce. He lied and cheated too...but sooner or later he would always break down and tell me the truth and I honestly believe that he had stopped cheating on me but by then, it was too late. I had no respect for him and there’s no way that you can be happy with a man that you don’t respect. I was the one who wanted the divorce and although I could have taken half of his business, I didn’t do that. It wasn’t the right thing to do.

Rick, on the other hand, left me without any options. If he would have ever just come to me and told me that he wanted out of the marriage, we could have found some way to end it as painlessly as we could have. But that couldn’t have possibly happened because to this day the man doesn’t have the balls to say that he wanted a divorce. He won’t explain anything that he did over the summer, he just tells me that he loves me and that he never wanted a divorce. Whatever...just as long as the checks don’t bounce...I’m fine with the divorce the way it is. I don’t feel guilty about feeling that way as long as I remember the look in his eyes that last time that he hurt me. Add to that the fact that he’s apparently allergic to honesty and you will come up with a blog such as this one.

The cheating isn’t the only thing that Rick lies about, he continues to lie about that tax return thing as well. He’ll never know this because he’s never tried it, but if that jack ass would just stop lying...I would be ever so much nicer. It must truly suck to be so weak willed. The moral to this story is...Give Truth a Chance. It absolutely will serve you in good stead. remember your parents telling you that "It will always be worse if you lie about it?" Well, they were right.

Well, it’s almost 2 am Saturday morning and I’ve been cooking soup. I made a big pot of potato soup with some of the leftover ham that we had a few days ago. It’s just about done and I’m starving to death here so I’m gonna go and eat that soup.

Have a good day and I’ll be back in the morning.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home