.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hi there...

....I’m having a blah day. I feel badly this morning and I’m not sure why. It’s either a minor virus or it’s a hangover from 2 drinks. I drink maybe twice a year and when I do, I always feel badly but that’s why I only had two. Oh well, I feel feverish so maybe I’m just sick.

I feel like I should be accomplishing stuff, but I’m not. I will probably keep the bed warm...this feeling calls for a horizontal position. I have other feelings that call for a horizontal position, just no one to play with. I very well may do just that very soon, but if I don’t mention it, don’t ask me....that means I was disappointed.

OK...here I am a few hours later after giving in and taking a nap. I don’t know if I took a nap so much as I just went back to bed, but anyway, I slept the damned day away. That’s OK...I guess I didn’t have anything better to do which is sad in itself. The dog is happy that I’ve finally woken up.

I never thought about having to keep a dog company. I figured they would just chase butterflies or something for fun. But if this dog is bored and I don’t hang out with him occasionally, he eats trees. Remembers those trees that I couldn’t get Rick to cut down? Well, Payton took care of them. He’s also eaten ever bush in the back yard. I thought I’d have to get Chemlawn out here to kill the yard but I think that the dog has just about killed it himself. He clears land better than any man I’ve ever seen. I think Manifest Destiny would have been completed much sooner if the pioneer dudes had dogs like this one. If each family had their own, Frisco would have been populated with 10 years of Lewis and Clark’s return. I bet they could have whooped all the Indians too.

Someone mentioned that I should worry about the dog jumping the fence and hurting someone. So far, he doesn’t seem to realize that all he’d have to do is put one leg over the fence and then follow with the other three. I suppose I should get one of those long swivel leashes for him.

Oh well. I can’t do that today. I have to go find a spare tire for the car that I’m afraid to drive. Actually, I should just keep driving the thing and if it does break...just push it off the road and walk. I don’t THINK I can get arrested walking.

I did get arrested once for climbing stairs. My girlfriend and I didn’t want to pay for the express elevator to the top of the Sears Tower so we took the stairs. (WE only had enough money left to take the train home.) Every ten floors there was a red phone in the stairwell that said “Pick up this phone if you are locked in this staircase.” We laughed and laughed at the thought of some idiot locked in the staircase until we realized that the doors didn’t open out to the floors, they just opened in to the staircase.

So, we had to pick up the phone and tell security to come and get us out. They took us to the Sears Tower PD and booked us. The building has it’s own police department. We asked if we would be in any trouble and they said, Not if there hasn’t been any damage done.” Well, we didn’t do any damage, but we saw some.

It didn’t matter, we both had fake ID’s. Back when Illinois went to plastic drivers licenses, everyone kept their cardboard license and loaned them out to friends who wanted to drink. My friend Caryn and I had been to a bar called John Quincy’s on Adams Street in Chicago. We didn’t get into any trouble there. Then we walked to the Chicago Yacht Club and took a dinghy out to one of the yachts and sunned on that for a while. I don’t know why we never got caught doing such stupid things but we didn’t.

I don’t have that kind of luck anymore. You’d almost think that they’d just let an old lady go for stupid stuff but they don’t. Maybe I should just go back to Chicago. They have so much more to worry about than silly women drivers. And, THEY let nurses go when they pull them over. I wonder if Rick knew about this before he brought me to Gogia?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home