.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hi!

I'm stranded in Greensboro, North Carolina at the Embassy Suites Airport Hotel. It's a nice place to be stranded for sure but I'd rather be at home. There's a blizzard going on out there and I'm just hoping that it clears up before I have to leave at noon tomorrow. They have a dinner buffet which begins soon...at 6 PM and then I'm going back to my suite to relax and make messes that someone else has to clean up.

Last night I was stuck in Friday evening rush hour traffic in 3 different cities. That was fun. I have my dog with me. He doesn't seem to be dreafully impressed with our lovely accomodations. He hasn't eaten since we left except for a roast beef sandwich with au jus that I bought him when I stopped for dinner. I know that 6 bucks is an awful lot to spend on dinner for a dog but I thought that I would treat him to a nice dinner since he's pretty much the only male that I can count on. I fear that I may have spoiled him so badly that he may never eat Alpo again...but he better just eat the stupid dog food because he won't be getting another beef sandwich until he does something really cool like dial 911. He's up in the suite now just hanging out. I put the television on Animal Planet for him to watch so that he wouldn't get bored earlier but a lion roared and that freaked him out and he started barking. I can't get tossed out of this hotel on account of that dog so I muted the TV so that he could watch without getting upset at the sounds.

Well, they have a dinner buffet that's about to begin and there are other people who would like to use one of these computers so I should go but I'll come back down after dinner. It's Saturday night and I would think that most people have plans for the evening so I should be able to spend more time on the computer.

OMG! There's a little girl screaming and her parents are giving her a lollipop to shut her up. That's about the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. They are basically training her to scream for candy.

Oh! A lady who reads this thing and with whom I email back and forth called me earlier today! I thought that was so sweet of her. I AM stuck here in this hotel and I AM bored so if anyone else would like to call...do so! Ask for Margaret Kelso...I'm registered under my long name...they might not know who you meant if you asked for Meg. As I said, I'm going to eat before I go back to my room so give me a while. It's about 6 PM now. Except for when I come back down to post again, I'll be up in my room all evening. We drove until about 3 AM so I ended up sleeping til noon so I should be up pretty late so don't hesitate to call. Of course, should I get lucky, I may not answer...but I don't foresee that happening.

Have a nice evening and I'll be back soon!

Meggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home