.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I stopped by the house...

...on the way back from the doctor's and let the dogs out (now there are two of them). I had only planned on being in the house for a few minutes and then I was going back out and when I did, Payton was lying at the back door but the other dog was gone and the gate was wide open. I ran down the street calling her and some guy asked if I was looking for a black and tan dog. I said that I was and he pointed and said. "The cops are chasing her over there in the cemetery."

Two squad cars pulled up next to me and said they'd meet me down the street so I ran down to meet them so I could find the entrance to the cemetery. There was already another cop in there chasing the dog and now there was me and two more cops running through the place, jumping over tombstones and being all sacreligious to dead people because a dog had a notion to wander. I couldn't have been in that house for ten minutes and the entire police force was on the case of the wandering dog. Tax money well spent.

Then, I went to the store and they wouldn't take a check because it was out of state even though that state is two blocks away. I was annoyed to say the least. This is a suburb of a major American city (another hint) and most of the people here do business across the river so I was dismayed to say the least.

I'm not having a fun day. It's cold and I hate cold. I've been outside for most of the day and I hate outside. Now, I have to go back to the store with cash that I didn't want to spend just yet and that blows.

I'm quite pleased that Payton didn't run away. That dog wouldn't have been caught. The cops said they would give me a break this time, but from now on, it's a hundred bucks if the other dog gets loose again. Then, one of the cops started hitting on me. You don't tell a lady that the next time her dog gets loose it'll be a hundred bucks and then proceed to hit on her.

My dogs are fine but my daughter has broken a toe. It's the same toe that was injured when she was "hit by a car" when she was 8. Actually, she walked into a car, but the call I got said, "Everything is fine...but Annie's been hit by a car." Every mother's nightmare. She had one stitch in that toe back then and received a thousand dollars for it from the poor dude who's car she walked into. She was such a prequocious little girl, when I said, "You got a thousand bucks for one stitch?" She responded proudly, "High five."

That's the same kid who watched as I paced in front of the living room window, fearing that two of my men friends would come by at the same time and said, "This is a real Maalox moment, isn't it?" She was 7 then. What a joy she has been.

She's with the man that I think she will marry and I'm hoping that she gets a ring next week. I can't wait to find out. She did the mandatory breaking up after two years together with no ring last month and I have a feeling that she'll get that ring for Valentine's Day although they'll be celebrating it in downtown Chicago at the end of the week.

OK, I have to go BACK out in the frigid atmosphere and back to the store. I hate outside.

See ya later.

Meg

Oh...one other thing...I have a jar of pickles and I can't get the fuckers open. I had to gnaw a sandwich dry sans pickle...I had a hankering for a pickle and I have a big ass jar of them BUT I CAN'T OPEN THE STUPID THINGS!!! Why in the hell do they do this to me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home