.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Dear Meg,

"...Cannabis should have never been criminalized. It has brought us nothing but crime and social illness, beyond the scale of prohibition. Studies continue to show that cannabis is useful in treating certain conditions. (Cannabis has an estimated 12 THC type compounds, of which Marinol is only one.) And, it is not a particularly harmful recreational drug, certainly less so than nicotine or alcohol. It is interesting to note that clinically there are no recorded or suspected deaths connected to the usage of Cannabis (unlike even caffeine), but many deaths are connected to the criminal laws and statutory punishments for Cannabis. Not to mention the lives delayed or ruined. Think of the all the people and costs to enforce and incarcerate, just for marijuana. It is also disgusting that blacks are much more likely to got to prison for a cannabis offense that a white for the same offense. In my opinion we should not only legalize marijuana we should de-criminalize it."

I absolutely agree with this person. Why is it a crime for me to sit quietly in my living room and smoke a bit of marijuana all by myself after my day is finished? I wouldn't be harming anyone and I wouldn't have a hangover the next day. It's absolutely ridiculous that this stuff is illegal and if I could find an attorney to take the case, I would sue the state of Georgia for not allowing me to smoke marijuana.

We learned that lesson with alcohol, how long will it take to learn the same thing about marijuana? If you've never smoked it, you couldn't possibly know how harmless it is and I challenge anyone to write to me with reasons why marijuana should be illegal. I'd love to hear ANY reason that people should go to jail for smoking a little weed.

If I were in California, I could smoke all I wanted without worrying about going to jail, how can the same thing be a crime in other states?
I spoke to someone who lives out west and they said that with a prescription, they could go to a "marijuana store" and buy all they wanted. They not only have marijuana, they have strips like those breathe strips that have THC on them so you just put it in your mouth and let it dissolve and then, 20 minutes later you have a nice little buzz. As I said earlier, I stopped smoking it years ago because it made me so hungry that I was afraid of gaining weight. When I used it recently, it was specifically to give myself an appetite and it worked well.

The criminalization of marijuana causes more problems than the stuff itself, that's a fact.

Well, I haven't gotten a call from the guy who wanted to take me to see the dead folks yet. I don't know if I'm going or not. According to the article that the link takes you to, this exhibition will be in Atlanta for a long time so I can always go another time, that is if I can find someone who wants to take me to see the dead folks. I'll be curious to see other people who want to look at the dead folks and whether or not anyone brings their kids to see them.

There's a movie starting now that I've seen before called Stir of Echoes. That's not too bad of a movie but it freaks me out to watch it alone. At least it's still light out so I won't be terribly scared. It stars Kevin Bacon. He was in that movie Flatliners that was filmed in the Chicago area. There's a scene it Flatliners where Bacon is getting ready to leave and someone asks him where he's going and he answers, "Bensenville!" That's the town that I went to high school in. The house that he goes to visit near the greenhouses is the house that we used to call The Haunted House when I was growing up. It really does have those greenhouses there, they were owned my the family of Mark Breighter and I went to school with him. I think it was just called Breighter's Nursery but I don't know if it's still there. I haven't been back there in a few years. When I did drive down that street the last time, I saw that the peonies that my father and I planted in 1971 were still there along the side of the driveway. I'd like to plant some more peonies, I think I'll do that this spring.

Well, I should go and start watching the movie. I'll be back after the movie or when I get too bored or frightened to watch it.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home