.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Alrighty then...

...I don't know what's going on with the comments but apparently, you CAN leave them. I've been working on them all morning and my brain is a bit swollen from all that thinking. With any luck at all, you should be able to comment on this post but it seems that you can't change anything for ALL of the posts, if you change something it only applies to subsequent posts so if this one doesn't have comments, it's because I hit the pop up window button and then I'll just post a new one after I un-click that thing. By the end of the day, I should be fine.

Well, it's that time of the month again, I have to go to the probation officer. I got Bartow taken care of but Marietta lingers on. Bartow wasn't really probation in that the only terms were that I had to make monthly payments. Marietta is different, there are terms and more of them since I violated last February. I've been told that if you pay off the probation, they will put you on non-reporting but I doubt that is an option for me because of all the terms that I have to abide by. It doesn't really matter, I don't have $1,500 to give them. Hell, I don't have the 200 that they want today. She said that she wouldn't put me in jail for lack of payment but they won't be patient forever.

I've started to lose weight again and if I wasn't afraid of the drug tests, I absolutely would "self medicate" with the greenery that gives me an appetite. I wouldn't dare, not with the threat of jail hanging over my head. I used to think that jail couldn't be too bad but I was wrong, it blows. I am determined not to go back. Of course it did occur to me that if I just served the rest of my probation in jail, I wouldn't have to meet any of the terms and I wouldn't have to pay them a dime but I can't handle the thought of jail anymore. It was so NOT fun. I did meet some really, really nice people there. You'd be amazed at how many really great people are locked up. So many of them are there for drugs of one sort or another. There is a book that lists every diagnosis that a doctor can pin on a person and addiction is in that book. I don't see how you can jail someone for something that's considered an illness. Some laws are just so arbitrary. The laws against pot are based in prejudice, that's a fact. It wasn't illegal until Mormons used it. The other folks in Utah couldn't get rid of the Mormons so they just made some of their traditions illegal and pot smoking was one of them. Of course then pot became something that was thought to be used by black folk so the laws became stiffer and more universal. I've discussed the asinine reasons that it shouldn't be illegal enough, I'm not going to go over it all again now. Suffice it to say that it should have never been criminalized.

Other drugs most certainly should be, but not for the users, the dealers should be jailed when caught. The users need help. I know that's not a very popular idea, but it's my opinion. The people who I met in jail that were there for drug use never hurt anyone but themselves. It's such a shame that drugs steal so much from a person, it really is.

There's someone who reads this blog from Marietta.gov everyday Monday through Friday. I don't know if it's just a regular reader or if it's someone trying to catch me talking about something that I might do that would violate my probation. If so, don't bother, I wouldn't do that...not a chance in hell. You may not like what I write but you have to admit, I AM a bright woman and I know exactly what I'm doing. Of course, if I did do something stupid, I wouldn't put it up here anyway, but don't worry, you can come to my house any day of the week and I defy you to catch me in violation of any terms of my probation. I'm not that stupid. I may waste away to nothing, but I'm not going to do anything that would get me tossed back in jail, no way, no how. It just won't happen. If you're just a regular reader, Cheers!

They didn't test me last month so I fully expect to be tested today. I don't mind, I'm as clean as a whistle except for the legal drugs that I take by prescription. But what annoys me is that I have to pay for the stupid tests. There have been months that I could only afford to give them $25 and the drug test is $30. If you don't have it, you have to wait there until someone brings it for you and if they don't bring the money by the time they close, you get to go to jail. I don't know what happens then...I don't even know if that's true. I assume it is, I heard it from other probationers sitting in the lobby waiting for our turn to go in and face our own music. I assume that they know what they're talking about, they've been there longer than I have.

OK, I've been sitting at this computer all morning and I haven't even showered yet today so I'm going to go do that and get ready to go to the probation meeting. II'll be back later.

See ya!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meg,
I'd just like to be the first.....

Preston Lancashire

BTW Check your emails I think I've sorted the comments

June 13, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

OK then...you've got it! You are the first! And rightly so considering that I wouldn't be able to do it at all without your's and Ian's help, :):):)

Meg

To the comment that ended:

Maybe you already addressed this issue on your site -if not could you?

Last June the whack jobs at Cruel.com started a bunch of websites, that was just one of them. I've never read any of them...I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home