.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Hi there!

I'm having a lazy Sunday, I haven't even de-jammied yet. I will soon, I feel a long, hot bath in my very near future. I made some good, old-fashioned sausage gravy...the way my grandmother taught me back in the 70's. It's such an easy thing to make and yet my mother never made it for us. HER mom cooked it, I don't know why she didn't. It's as fattening as it could be and probably clogs more arteries than most southern dishes, but it sure is good.

I had a conversation with someone who was arguing with her boyfriend yesterday. I ended up calling the boyfriend and I got both sides of the argument and there was one thing that I found so interesting. It was something that I've mentioned on this blog more times than I can count.

Basically, these are the two sentences that I found intriguing:

HER: "We were arguing and I was sitting in the car crying and he just LEFT me there for almost a half an hour!!!!. I couldn't believe he would leave me there while I was so upset! That made me madder than I was in the first place!"

HIM: "We were arguing in the driveway and she just kept getting more upset so I thought that if I made her so mad, I should walk away for a while and let her calm down but when I came back, she was worse than ever!"

How many times do I have to say it? If you are in an argument with a woman and leave her to stew, she will. Leaving her alone is like leaving her in a pressure cooker. Coming back is like taking the lid off. I'm going to look for a sentence that I wrote a year and a half ago and re-print it here. (I couldn't find the exact post that I was looking for but I did find this one)

"...If you have waited too long and you hear a door, slam...OPEN IT! Knock first, ask, beg if you have to (remember your mission here), but don’t let a woman stew too long. Now, if you think that by YOUR going into a room, with or without slamming a door, anything will calm down...you are sorely mistaken. Stewing is bad if it is self imposed and it is very, very bad if it is initiated by the man. You better just go ahead and get it over with. Hopefully you haven’t waited too long and hopefully you are timing this stuff for future reference, but if you have failed to finesse the situation back into bliss and happiness before the climax of the Preliminary Phase of a fight, you will have to enter into the Activation Phase because now you have reached the point of no return..."

In other words, the fight you're hoping to avoid by avoiding the woman is ONLY going to get worse if you leave her to sit while she's still angry and especially if she's crying. Walking away from a crying woman is just plain stupid and you deserve what you get.

OK...I'm going to go play for a while. See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home