.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hey hey hey...

...how ya doin'? I'm just fine and dandy, thank you. I had some fun today. I did suffer a tiny setback, but one that was easily fixed.

Daisy dude and I got about half way to Chattanooga when I remembered that I couldn't leave the state. I hadn't mentioned any of that to daisy dude. So, that was embarrassing. But I told him and he knew a way to get to where we were actually trying to go, Rock City, without leaving Gogia. Rock City is actually IN the state of Gogia but most people take the quick way, through Chattanooga, Tennessee. You can come up Look Out Mountain from the South and never leave Georgia so that's what we did. It took us a long way to get around it but we did and it was a lovely day for a ride in the mountains so all around, it wasn't really a problem after all.

Rock City is hard to explain, it's sort of like outdoor spelunking on top of a mountain. You have to see it, I can't explain it. You could check the web site out at www.seerockcity.com . They have pictures there.

Anyway, we had fun. But during the long ride, we had a lot of time to talk and I noticed daisy dude has that man thing where they try to solve anything that you mention that even SLIGHTLY resembles a problem. Everything we say...from "That bitch I work with really annoys the heck out of me." to "Damn, I forgot to get Adolph's Meat Tenderizer." If a man hears us say something that they perceive as a problem, even if we never said it was a problem, they simply must solve the perceived problem.

You can't get angry at them for it, they really, really think that they're helping. What they don't realize (and this is what really shocks me, considering the way they talk about us behind our backs) is that all we're doing is bitching out loud. We aren't asking them to fix shit...when we say some chick we work with is a bitch, we're just asking them to say, "YEAH!!! She IS a bitch...and she's ugly!"

It's just in a man's nature to fix stuff and they have to learn to wait for us to ask...or at least ask US if we WANT their help.

So, I have to work on that a bit. Daisy dude had been married for a very long time so you would think that would have been one thing that a woman would fix. But, that's Ok, I can handle it.

Well, it's really, really late and I should go to sleep now. I'm wide awake so I'll probably have to watch something boring. Maybe I can find a Kevin Costner movie to watch.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home