.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Usually, I hate to be wrong...

...but every so often, I'm pleased to be wrong. I thought that Cynthia McKinney would win her bid for re-election after the debacle in D.C. when she smacked a cop and cried racism. I thought that she would play the victim (which she did) and that her constituents would "feel her pain" and vote for her simply for that reason alone. Well, I was wrong and I'm glad.

I underestimated her district. They came out in massive numbers to elect her opponent in a run-off election and if there were any people in that district who felt that perhaps she should have won, I think she and her lackeys finally convinced the doubters that she has no business representing Americans in the United States Congress. She surrounds herself with The New Black Panthers (not at all associated with the Black Panthers from the 60's) and claims that they are "not on her payroll".

Perhaps they aren't. But, they do follow her around wherever she goes and when the press tries to ask them questions regarding her loss, they shout anti-Semitic remarks at them.

Bigots have no place representing the citizens of this country.

Is it me or have a lot of people in this country felt that the nation owed them a living ever since JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? And when Martin Luther King Jr. said that he longed for a day when "people would be judged, not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character", do you think that he was trying to promote people like McKinney? I doubt it.

McKinney and her type are a sad commentary on America and the fight to bring all people together as opposed to dividing them. Her type does not want to see equality happen and they will never admit that racism is nearing an end because if it ever totally stopped, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be out of jobs. It is completely in their interests to keep the "crusade" going, whether the fight is a necessary fight or not. Just a thought.

I forgot to tell you guys something when I was in Florida. I was swimming at Madeira Beach and before I went back to my motel room, I jumped in the pool for a quick swim to get the sand of off me. As I was swimming, a couple who had been fishing from the beach near where I was swimming walked by and said hello. I asked them if they had caught anything and the guy said, "Yeah, two sharks."

I thought he was kidding but the chick he was with said that he was serious. They had caught two baby sharks about 2 feet long. Right in the water that I had just finished swimming. That was the last time I went in the Gulf, I stayed in the pool until I went back to my dad's after that. I didn't even know that was an option. I figured there might be a shark way out there, but not right next to me.

And once, something under my foot moved and I swam so fast back to shore that I could have beaten Mark Spitz. I haven't a clue what it was but I should have taken that as my cue to leave the water instead of waiting for the sharks.

Well, that's all I wanted to tell you right now. I am tired and it's past my bedtime. I'll see you in the morning, I'm off to fall asleep on my couch with two very large dogs sleeping in front of me.

See ya!

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne Arky said...

I had to crack up when I read the following: "After the runoff, McKinney blamed her defeat on the media and problems with electronic voting machines." Of course, it had nothing to do with her acting like a total ass before the world. Duh! She made me ashamed to live in Georgia, but now the voters have made me proud again. I was afraid this was going to be the Marion Berry version of Groundhog Day -- having to reelect that idiot over and over, despite his arrests and convictions.
Been trying to call you, but nobody at your house answers the phones. What's up with that?

Anne

August 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home