.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Good morning!

I was sitting here, minding my own business and my son walked into the kitchen at the same time my step mother did. She said, "Maybe your father would go to the store...you think? Or maybe your son?"

I wasn't paying any attention, and I just woke up so I'm not quite awake yet. My son heard his name and "go to the store" in the same sentence and he looked at me and said, "Oh no, I'm not going anywhere, I just woke up!" and he said it with a bitchy attitude. Having just woken up myself, I wasn't in the mood for his bratty self. I said, "What's your problem?"

"I thought you were talking about me." he responded.

So I said, "I wasn't talking at all and I just woke up too so don't push it little man."

Ordinarily, I don't speak to anyone until I've woken up and had my coffee but with company in the house, you have to be a bit more flexible. But, listening to my kid after he "just woke up" won't leave much room for flexing.

On top of that, I'm playing short order cook, laundress for the people who just got back from Europe and all around housekeeper, zookeeper and waitress. This is fun. All I want to do is go back to bed but that won't happen. There are too many people in my house and they all eat, drink and dirty shit up so I dare not go anywhere until my house is empty again.

When I was a kid, my father wouldn't allow us to sleep past 7 in the morning, whatever day it was. Yesterday he woke me up early to fix them breakfast and told me that I "shouldn't be sleeping so late". It wasn't even 8 AM on a Saturday morning. Here I am, almost 50 years old and my father is still trying to get me out of bed. So, this morning I got up and woke his ass up.

Now my son is supposed to go pick up his daughter. He should have had her since Friday night but he let the mother keep her since it was the kid's birthday (we've never had her on her birthday) and he's getting her today instead. I still don't know if he's going to get my grandson as well, who knows if the mother will let him after the fiasco two weeks ago. I can't believe he let her keep the kid this far on his weekend. I'll bet a hundred bucks she won't let him have her at all.

My granddaughter was born on my daughter's birthday, September 29th. For my daughter's birthday, I sent her a box of Italian beef and the stuff to make beef sandwiches out of. I had it sent from Portillo's...a hot dog/beef stand in Chicago. I know how much you miss your favorite foods when you move out of state and they don't have any Portillo's in L.A. so I bet she'll enjoy that. I don't know for sure because I can't get her on the phone but I should sometime today.

OH! I also ordered the cook top because they never got one of the scratch and dent ones that would fit my stove and I'm bored of cooking on one burner so the cook top thing should be here by Tuesday.

Well, that's my boring weekend so far. I'll be back in a while. I think they're leaving today so I should be alone in my messy house shortly. I'll feed them and see if they leave after breakfast. Maybe I'll feed the animals too.

I'll see you soon!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home