.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Guess what?

I kariokied for the first time. I usually just shoot pool while the fools sing...but I decided that I didn't have a frog in my throat and therefore, it was time for me to sing. I went into the ladies room and sang a few verses and said, "Sure! I can karioke!"

I didn't even have to get drunk to do it...I just walked up to the microphone and sang. I wasn't the least bit nervous which I find odd.

Being on the Speech and Debate team in high school got rid of all my public speaking and apparently, singing, fears. I know what you're thinking..."Meg...what song did you sing?"

Well, I had to sing something that I've sung a thousand times so that I knew how to sing the song properly. That meant that it had to be an old, old song. And yet, it had to be a very pretty song so that I didn't sound like Betty Boop. It had to be a song that people have heard and that they like. So, it had to have been a very popular song at one time or another.

It would have been nice if it had been a song about a man...but all I could find that fit the bill was a song about a woman. Have any of you guessed yet?

I stood on the stage and belted out my own version of Brandy...you're a fine girl. Yep...I did. Now that I've broken my karioke cherry...I have to do it again. Only this time I am going to take more time to come up with a better song for a chick to sing. Any suggestions?

And, no...I'm not singing "I am Woman". Although I could...it's just not the type of song that you would sing in a redneck place and that's where I was. And no...I'm not singing "There's a Tear in my Beer and I'm Crying for you Dear"....or "It Won't Hurt When I Fall off this Barstool".

OK, I'm open to ideas. And next time I do that...I'll let you guys know so that if you're close enough you can come and watch me make a fool out of myself. Then, after I do that...I'll kick your ass on the pool table.

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger JQ75 said...

Hey, good job, almost looks like you read my post to Solaris (not up yet).

Got a tape recorder? You could tape yourself and post it. Or just email it to your friends.

How about this song at And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

October 27, 2006  
Blogger Determined said...

Can I be your backup singer/dancer? Of course, I'd probably need to drink a 1/2 a glass of long island ice-tea. But then I'd act foolish - I'd do something like... I'll take off my shoes and clap them as you sing. Then you'll turn around with the mike and tell me, "Put your shoes back on, you fool"

October 27, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sure girl...you could be my Dawn and then you could dance sing the Ooh's and Aah's...that'll do!

Who told you about the shoe clapping thing? I thought that was a local secret.

Meg

October 27, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Ah, my earlier comment to JQ never showed up. OK...I have to hear this song and I haven'f gotten to yet. I sing Karen Carpenter songs, I can sing pretty but I can't belt out a tune like Ethel Merman. I do like the idea though...the only thing is, next time...he'll be cheating on someone else!

Meg

October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home