.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hello there!

It's finally cooling off down here in Gogia so this will be the month that I don't pay a high electric bill. Next month I'll probably need to use the heater so this month is the cheapest month for me, no more AC and no heat yet. I will have to pay the gas bill, which never goes down. But...I don't even know what in the HELL runs on gas in this house.

I know it's not the stove or the dryer, because I bought them and they both say ELECTRIC on them so they don't run on gas. You'd think that in 10 years of living here, I would have to light a pilot light if there's something running on gas...wouldn't you? Well, no one in this house has EVER lit a pilot light here so I am clueless.

I've considered just not paying the stupid bill...that might show me what it is. But first of all, I would have to pay a reconnect fee and secondly, it might be something I need, although I just don't know what it could be.

So, you might ask, "Why do you pay the bill?" Well, because it comes in the mail, that's why. It has my name on it and it says I owe them money. Crap, if someone sent me a toilet flushing bill I would probably pay that. God forbid the crapper should stop working. Hell, you could send me a Johnson bill...I'd probably pay that too.

When I was in Florida, my father gave me a LOT of cash. I was shopping when all of a sudden it hit me...I hadn't been shopping since Christmas. I hadn't had any cash since that long ago so I hadn't gone to the store. The grocery store, yeah...but no other good store. If I get this account, I'll go shopping again.

But, the utilities HAVE to be paid. I always seem to pay them but for the life of me, I couldn't tell you how. I haven't worked for over half of the time since Rick left and yet I've kept the house running. You see I've always been online so obviously the bills get paid (the cable bill would be the first bill that I would let go so if I have computer access, you know the other bills are paid) but I don't know how I've done it. If the IRS asked me to explain how I support myself (like the probation officer DID!), I wouldn't know what to say.

The best answer I would have is, "One way or another."

Yes, of course, men have helped. I've NEVER asked one for money but they do seem rather eager to part with it when I voice any specific financial concerns. Then, there's the people who helped me out when I couldn't think of a better idea than to attach a DONATION button up on this blog. That's always been my last resort. But, it hasn't been men the entire time...I just don't know how I did it. I know I had to let things go some times...if I couldn't pay the utilities, I'd let the rent go and then pay it back in 3 monthly installments along with the following 3 months of rent. Luckily, my landlord trusts me.

Ideally, the alimony has always gone towards the rent. I owuld just endorse that over to the landlord and send it off with the 50 bucks that it's short after I send the $800 alimony.

That's been annoying...I remember when $800 would have paid my entire month of bills AND rent.

I haven't had to use the alimony for the rent lately so I've been holding onto the money orders for as long as I can. I want to use them to pay all of my fines, get my license back and get a car so I can work outside of my house. But, something always comes up and I end up having to use them for the bills anyway.

If I WAS able to save a few for any length of time NOW...Christmas would wipe it out all alone. Oh, email your address soon if you want a Christmas card from me...I need to know how many to buy. Just send me your address with a hello to megbkelso@gmail.com and I'll put you on my list.

I'm wondering if I should take the initiative to call about the account myself...I think I will. I have balls, why not? What have I got to lose? Bupkus...that's all. I've been in this "I have absolutely nothing left to lose" mode for a while now. Except for my kids...there is nothing that anyone could take away from me now. Freedom's just another word... so whatever.

Oh, although I don't have ONE man...I do have a few that I like to call friends. :):):) I wouldn't want to lose them. It's amazing how much each of them are worth in their own way. I always say, "There's a man for every purpose and a purpose for every man." and I have a list of needs that I have to take care of here so I do like my men. Damn...I love you guys! I just got goose bumps thinking how much I like men. And to think, some bitch dude emailed me to say that I was a"manhater".

Pishaw I say to him.

I adore men and I love my list. It's husbands that I don't like. I finally figured it out.

Anyway, I have to go act like I'm an assertive Southern woman so I'll see you later!

Meg

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg:
Have you checked the Hot water heater or the Furnace to see if either of them are gas?
Buddy

October 12, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOLOL...how the heck would I know? Does it say GAS on them? I don't know which one of those things are which. One of them is under the house and I don't go there. The other one is behind my washer and I can't reach it or move the washer to see. My best guess is to stop paying the bill and see what stops. If the furnace was gas, the gas would go up instead of the furnace when I use the heater. So, all that's left is the hot water heater and I don't know WHY that would go up and down...I only take one shower a day, whatever the weather is like.

I'm still baffled.

Meg

October 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing strikes me as odd. You say that you can't work out of your house because your DL is suspended. I don't know specifically ab out GA, but most states allow a temporary reinstatement for work purposes. That is to say that you would have a suspended lisence for every other purpose that to get to and from work. You might want to look into what GA allows. The state cannot forbid you from earning a living, so there has to be something somewhere that would allow you to drive to and from work until such time as your lisence is fully reinstated. Check it out. I havent been a practicing attorney for a while, but I do still rememeber certain things from Con Law.

October 12, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah there would have been. But, in this state after getting a DUI, you have ten days to apply for the work thingie. If there's something else that I'm missing, I'm missing it. I was told there was a year "hard suspension" that the judge had no lee-way with. What bothered me so much was that I got no time for not having a license from May when I got pulled over to November when I went to court. So, my license has been suspended for WELL over a year. Now it's almost moot...I get it back October 6th...as long as I pay all of the fines. I don't have a clue how much they are.

Meg

October 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your gas bill would vary depending on the location of your water heater no mater how many showers you take it constanley keeps the tank at a certain temp and I would think that your furnace is gas by the amount of your bill

October 12, 2006  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Most any man should be able to identify your appliances and what they run on. Major electric appliances will usually require a bridged circuit breaker and if your electric panel is labeled you’ll see them.

Electric power runs in thin plastic coated romex, silver walled solid conduit, or silver walled flex conduit. If you only see these going to an appliance it must be electric.

Gas runs in black pipe, or yellow coated flex pipe. Some old installations had silver flex pipe where ridges are closer together than electric flex conduit. If you see a valve on the pipe, it must be gas, not electric.

Next time your son messes up a pan, send him on an appliance ID project.

October 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home