.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

OK...I'm back!

The entire time I was in the shower I just kept thinking about the comment that I addressed in the last post. I was so enthralled with that ladies suggestion that I didn't even take the showerhead off of the holder. I just stood under it and wondered.

Anyway, I have to go to the probation meeting today and if I don't get arrested anytime soon, I'll be done with it all by next month. I really want that over with because I want my driver's license back. The account that I'm trying to get would be the highest paying job that I've ever had and although I can do most of the work from home, sooner or later I would have to testify in court and I would hate to tell an attorney that, "Your expert witness has no driver's license." That wouldn't look good at all.

I really, really want this account. It's the highest paying job that I've ever had. If I get it (I should know by the end of the week) I'll be caught up on my bills by the end of January. Christmas keeps me from saying that I'll be done by the end of the year.

I may have to take a drug test...my second in a week. The only thing that has me worried is the Marinol. I have a prescription for it and that was good enough for the drug test that I took last week. I just hope it's good enough for the probation office because once again, I tested a faint positive for marijuana because of the Marinol. They said that the faint positive's always go in favor of the defendant so if it happens again, I should be fine. I just didn't expect it to show up at all. The probation officer told me that she was told that Marinol DIDN'T show a positive for weed at all. She and I tested the theory once before out of curiosity and it was a faint positive then as well. What if it comes up positive one time?

With this job on the horizon, it would be my luck that I'll tet positive this time. That would just suck. I'm considering stopping the Marinol soon because it's done it's job. I tried to stop it once before, cold turkey, and it made me so sick that I not only couldn't eat, but I couldn't stop worshipping the porcelain throne either. So, the next time I see the doctor, I'm going to ask if I can slowly come off of it because I think I've gained enough weight now. My only concern is that once I stop taking it, I'll lose all the weight again.

I spoke to my daughter last night and she was annoyed that she didn't know that Johnny Depp was at her work Sunday night. She was in charge of the event and even planned the menu. But, she didn't know that Johnny Depp was going to be there. She said that she would have stayed at work if she had known. Last night Jesse Jackson had a dinner at the Beverly Hilton and a singer named (I think) Chris Ingram performed for it. Annie said that she watched him set up and practice his set and she really enjoyed that.

She was driving as we spoke, which I hate. As we were speaking, she kept bitching about Beverly Hills drivers. She said they were the worst drivers she ever saw. Oddly enough, I spoke to a friend yesterday in Phoenix who said that the drivers there were the worst she ever saw. Now, they've both driven in Atlanta and with the possible exception of Paris, I have to say that Atlanta has the worst drivers I've ever seen.

So, who's right? If you've had enough driving experience to comment, who do you think has the worst drivers on the planet?

OK, I'm going to curl my hair now. I gave up on the stupid curlers in the pony tail idea...my hair was still wet in the morning yesterday and when I took the curlers out, a third of my hair was straight, a third was curly and the last third was frizzy. That made a funky pony tail. It was worse than if I had just done a bad job curling it and then put it in a pony tail like I usually do so that's what I'm doing today. Damn it all to hell.

See ya soon!

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Aladamnbama definitely has the worst drivers I've ever seen; they do the dumbest shit!
Florida comes in second due to all the old farts and bats who are senile and half blind driving there; and South Carolina takes third place-I don't think they know how to operate a turn signal or even where to find it and none of them have figured out that their damn heads can turn left and right!
So since Georgia is in the middle, they have to dodge all the idiots from Florida, Alabama and South Carolina! :)

Good luck at the meeting!

October 10, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well now that explains a LOT!

And thanks for the wish of luck...I seem to be needing a lot of it lately. Even when things do turn out well for me, that lottery thing STILL isn't working!

Alas.

Meg

October 10, 2006  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg, I think every state will have its sucky drivers. But, I really think that anyone old should have to retake their drivers test, if they cannot get over 50 miles per hour, they cannot drive any longer. Frankly, I think North Carolina has the worst drivers, I moved here from Wisconsin and ya know, these people do not know how to turn on their turn signals.

October 10, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Karin,

I certainly agree with you but there is only one problem with your idea...how does one define "old"? Personally I think that it's 20 years older than I am. But, that might not be good enough for the DMV. So folks...what is old to you? And I agree, "old" folks have no business driving on the same streets as everyone else. I drove from NYC to Atlantic City once and the old ladies heading down to gamble just about killed me. The young kids heading to the beach were as helpless as I was next to these lady drivers from hell.

Meg

October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home