.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, November 10, 2006

It's a shame...

...I have money, but I have so many people to pay back for one thing or another that it's really not my money. Ain't that a bitch?

Some yahoo commented (saying "please do not publish this"...and I never do when I'm asked not to, ask the people who comment silently) "...so what do you think of you're party now?...". I think what I've always thought...they all stink. Both parties conspired to rob me of well over $1,500 bucks right outta my paycheck.

They don't let me get it first because they know they'd have to actually come into my house and literally ROB me to get it after I've gotten my grubby little mitts on it. I didn't get any help from the government when I was sitting here reeling financially from when Rick left...I did what any self respecting American woman would do. I got the money from men.

I think the government should build some roads and guard our borders and give me my money back. Everything the government co-opted has turned to crap or has become so expensive that now we NEED the damned government to help us pay for it. Medical coverage never would have gotten so out of control if the government wasn't there to support it. We could just take care of each other. We did that when we needed to act as a community. Once the government started taking money to pay for all the worlds ills, we stopped helping each other and even stopped caring as much.

The government should have left us here to take care of each other...we're good people...we would do it. That combined with a healthy dose of capitalism is all we need. But, politicians...the biggest welfare frauds of them all...have made a career out of what was intended to be a donation of a time in one's life, not one's entire life. So, to justify their existence, they need for us to think that we NEED them. We don't. They, on the other hand...do need us.

I will have no faith in elections as long as the president is a moron and the other party's biggest star is a do nothing, say nothing, semi-criminal who rode into the Senate on her husband's coat sleeves and proceeded to do what she does best. NOTHING. Can you tell me one thing that she has been successful at besides...and arguably...motherhood?

We absolutely need to start taking the power away from these career politicians/greedy cowards and actually DO something about the country. But, as long as people listen to the partys and feel so aligned with them, we're pretty screwed. And the ridiculous part of that is that nowadays, most people aren't so much aligned WITH the philosophy of any one party as they are aligned AGAINST another party (or even another PERSON!). I wouldn't believe anyone who proclaimed to agree with any side on anything because nobody has said or done anything other than act like caracterizations of respectable office holders. The truth is that neither side has a philosophy. If they do, it gives way to the opinion du jour and that's no good. We aren't a direct democracy...we elect people to go and take care of that stuff. We should let them do it without worrying about their livelihood...and it shouldn't BE their livelihood!

AND...we can't trust them. You'd have to be a jack ass to trust the government as a whole. Individually, there might be some decent people in the mix somewhere, but all together, there is too much money and power to be had by some and the Founding Fathers never, ever meant for that to happen. Hell, after Washington left office, he went back to become a gentleman farmer.

Oh well. My check is still FAR too short. So, I have to work some more. Which means that I have to go to bed now. Damn the lottery.

Well, I guess I'm finished pontificating for the day. I had no one to talk to and I didn't want to respond to the dude who wrote the comment. Notice that I didn't correct his use of "you're" when "your" would have been correct. I never correct the spelling in a quote unless I like you.

OK...I'm off to sleep.

Have a loverly day ya'll!

Meg

5 Comments:

Blogger Jaded said...

I've been saying the same thing all along... it's not the Republicans NOR the Democrats... it's ALL of them. The US government is the biggest business on the planet. They don't do what's best for us, they do what's best to line their pockets. The governor of NJ spent something like 12 million dollars of his own money to run for an office that pays 140 thousand a year. And, he doesn't accept a salary. Businessmen aren't idiots. They don't spend that kind of money unless they know they'll get a return on that investment. Just proves that he's gonna make out like a freakin bandit. They all do.

The political party system doesn't function as it was originally intended. You should never be able to use the term "career politician" in any sentence. I've been blogging about this very thing since I started blogging, and you're the first person to agree with me! Thanks!

November 10, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No problem Girl,

It was very easy because we are so damned RIGHT!!!!!

There is far too much money to be earned in politics...the best intentioned person can easily be swayed. You're right and that's why the dude can refuse his salary, the salary is peanuts compared to what he will eventually earn as a politician.

What a disgrace.

Meg

November 10, 2006  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Meg? Did you say "BOTH" parties?? I'm surprised that alot of the smart, independent and wonderful people I know still think that there are only 2 political parties.

I think that was the final straw now...I'm gonna make my new website to educate people on how the political process is supposed to work and the choices we really have and I'm gonna bother the hell out of everyone I can find til they read it. There are more than 2 political parties out there. And I'm always shocked that so many people who have obvious Libertarian (less government, more responsibility to the people) thoughts always choose to vote Republican or Democrat.

It's a shame that people don't vote with their heart, there'd be a lot more competition for these fat cat politicians that always end up in office because people don't think they have any other choice.

And before someone wants to comment that votes to other parties only take away from the lesser of two evils...if everyone voted their mind, that would not be so. We need someone with balls to run this country! (and I mean "balls" in a most non-gender sense, of course)

Hmmm...you know...we could write in Meg Kelso on the next presidential ballot. I wonder how many people across the country read this blog??? Might be enough to get the major news networks searching to find out just who Meg Kelso is...

:)

Ok, now that I've stirred up trouble, I'm off to make dinner and plot my website to educate the American public of their political choices. I might also mention here that I'm directly related to Thomas Jefferson...which may or may not explain my need to stir up trouble.

November 10, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well now I KNOW there are more than two parties. Heck...I have my own party. Extremely exclusive...me.

I was referring to the parties who have power. Like it or not, those other parties are wield their power, at best, as spoilers.

So, Ms. Jefferson...do you keep a lovely garedn like the one at Monticello? I adore that place. Once Rick and I started to go there and as soon as we got to Charlottesville, the car broke. It didn't break DOWN...it just broke. It still drove but Rick refused to just cruise over to Monticello. So, basically, that day we just drove the car until it broke and then drove it home broken. That was so STUPID and I was quite irritated. We made it all the way there...and WHATEVER would have happened, we would have gotten home sooner or later. Just one of the many crosses that I bear.

I love the thought of knowing that no matter how badly my day is going, sooner or later I will go to sleep in my bed. That's what I think of when I long for home...being in my bed. Not necessarily sleeping, more like the comfiness that I have now that I am alone.

I buy the softest flannel sheets that I can find and a bunch of nice fleece blankets that I put over my bedspread. Then, I buy fleece jammies and cool knee high socks. AND...I use a lot of fabric softener.

So, my bed is a very, very soft and pretty thing. I like that. Now I'm going to paint the room. I've been dreading that because I stenciled some really nice ivy at the top of the bedroom walls. That shit takes weeks to do and I don't have a ladder anymore.

Well, I guess I'll go and write an actual post if I have anything left to say.

See ya!

Megger

November 11, 2006  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn...I wish I could edit that crap. I guess I could! I would just have to delete it and start over. Or...I could just tell you that the comments are me straight from the fingertips...I can't go back and fix that stuff like I can in the posts. Well, I'm bored with that.

See ya,

Meg

November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home