.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Meg...

"...When my husband left me, he left behind his real estate licensing course materials (and the rest of his work and normal stuff lol). I'm thinking of studying the books myself - I think I can make a fortune where I live..."


You know, I bet we all could. Those books are a hint to you...do it! We could all do it and then get together as "The Ex Wives Club" Trump style.

Around here, as in most metropolitan areas, I would think, there are sub-divisions going up all over the place. Here in my neighborhood they keep on building new groups of really expensive homes and they're driving the property taxes way, way up.

I don't know much about the real estate business but I've seen some of the people who do it...it can't be that hard. My father's second wife did it and if she can do it, a 4 year old can do it. The only other sales job I've ever had was in custom window coverings and I was very good at that. I sold the most in my department and I knew nothing about window treatments before I took the job. I learn really fast.

I was so good at it that if a customer walked in, as many would, and said, "I'm here to spend a LOT of money so I want the best sales person that you have here!", the other people would just come and get me instead of even trying to take the sale themselves. I guess they were too intimidated by people who spoke to them like that.

That's the last job that I had that wasn't in nursing and I wouldn't have quit it except Rick got transferred to New York and like an idiot, I went with him. In October. To the Canadian border. Damn, that place was colder than any place I have ever been. My front door actually froze shut once and my son thought that I had locked him out. I thought it was funny and couldn't keep myself from laughing and that just made him angrier. I was blow drying the ice of the metal door to defrost it and cracking up the entire time. The more he yelled at me, the funnier it was to me. I know it doesn't seem all that funny now, I guess you had to be there.

Anyway, I did like that sales job, and I was good at it. I find that to be good in sales, you have to know what you're selling and know it well, be honest, funny and outgoing and you'll do well. I doubt that the basics would be any different, no matter what you're selling. Anyway, I think I could do well.

The only immediate problem is that I don't have any business like clothes. I have a bunch of nurses uniforms and blue jeans. I have a skirt or a dress here or there, but not enough to make a wardrobe out of. I DO have a bunch of clothes from before I lost all that weight, but they would fall off of me if I walked briskly.

My father specialized in real estate and taxes as an attorney so I bet he could be a big help. Of course, bless his heart, if you don't do something his way, he gets annoyed. And now that I old enough to stand up to him, he doesn't quite know how to handle me. I figure just like an adult would be good at this time, but parents just can't think of you as anything but their kid, even if the kid is pushing 50 years old. But, I'm know my dad, I could learn a LOT from him, a whole lot.

Anyway, as soon as I get my ass off of the computer I'll start making phone calls. I think I'll do some research first, like what agencies do the best and stuff like that. Anyway, before the next post, I should be able to tell you when I'm starting...I hope...because I'm quite serious about this. I've thought about it before but when Rick was here I was totally obsessed with trying to find out what was going on and when he left, I was just in shock for so long that I got into a habit of not doing anything, I was in a stress induced holding pattern.

Then yesterday I was thinking about my son and how I'd like to be able to help him more and my daughter...I'd like to have as much money as she needs. She doesn't take advantage of it, when she asks for money, I know she needs it. And with any luck, one of these days she'll get married and I'd like to be able to see to it that she has the wedding of her dreams.

So, those are a couple of the reasons why I want to do this...as a nurse I just work and sleep, work and sleep. The money is OK but if you can't do anything with it, what good is it? And when I was thiking about my kids, it was like en epiphany...they rely on me for so much...I hadn't thought like that since they were kids. But even adult kids need their mothers occasionally. And I want to be the best that I can be for THEM...and for me of course.

"...Anyway...regarding Maggie - that is odd that your vet would tell you to use buffered aspirin when she is in that much pain. If she is having that much trouble going up and down stairs you might need something different..."

I just called the vet. She gave Maggie something for pain when she had her surgery, I'm sure she'd give her something now. They just said to use buffered aspirin until I bring her in. I hate that, if the vet tells me that it's best to put her down, I would do it so I'm afraid to even GO there. I'm not ready to let her go yet.

Now, if my idiot over grown puppy would just shut the hell up...I'd be golden. My brother told me that boxers have an extremely long adolescence. He must be right because this dog is a total jack ass. He does actually box the other dog who I wish would growl and snap at him, she doesn't like it but she dosn't do as much to stop it as she could. I guess she's just patient.

For a while there, whenever Payton would go after Maggie, I would punish him by putting him outside. After a while, he figured it our and when he wanted to go outside, he would attack Maggie. Nothing serious, just doggie style rough housing. It's tough to keep him off of her now, you'd think he would get the point but he doesn't.

Now, he IS a GREAT watch dog...no one's getting past him without waking me up. That dog barks so loudly that people who comes to the door are frightened of him, from police to the pizza guy, everyone asks, "Does he bite?" And I don't know, I've never said "Sic 'em!"

He really is a patient and good hearted dog, I'm glad of that. I'd hate to end up on Judge Judy one day defending my dog for chewing up my neighbors ladder or some such shit. I'm pretty lucky, he just walks through the driveway to get to the fence and into the backyard he goes. He hasn't jumped the fence (yet) and he doesn't try to escape although he did get away from me one time and some lady was walking down the sidewalk. She was a bicth over it so I was a bigger bitch. Very few women can out bitch me.

OK then ladies and gentlemen, I must go and act like I want to be a real estate agent/tycoon.

See ya when I find out what I have to do!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home