.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

"...Damn, Meg,

you got some tough cops down there. Up here your plates need to be invalid or missing, you get a pass for "crooked". It's been a long time since I pulled your leg (grin).The justice system is pretty screwed up. You get shoplifters in jail and Enron execs walk free.I did security at a Rolling Stones stadium concert...."

The crooked license thing was on Cops, not in Cobb. But, the cops here probably would stop you given half a chance and it seems at though the cops here want to bust everyone at least once. I got pulled over for a light that was out. It's just that it was 2 AM Friday night Saturday morning, whatever. Anyway, I was secure in my sobriety...but at 92 pounds, I easily blew high enough to be considered legally over the limit. And to this day, I still don't know what I blew. But I do know that you're right, it's a HUGE money making thing for SO MANY people! You wouldn't believe it until you got a DUI and it isn't tough at all. Whatever I blew, I certainly didn't FEEL drunk! I should have asked what I blew but at the time I was just shocked and did what the cops told me to do and when I was in court, I didn't think about asking the judge. I just never found out, not even my probation officer told me. I almost miss her.

I still think she was wrong to come to my house when I called her asking for help, but it's long over now. Wouldn't you know I had just smoked some weed? I had the chance and I did. I didn't have any of my own at the time so you takes it where you can get it.

I think it's absolutely assinine to bust someone who sits quietly at home and smokes a doobie now and then. I'd rather be surrounded with those people than drunk people. I guess as long as all the politicians drink so much, it'll be legal. When the people who smoke pot take over, they'll lose those silly laws.

If everyone that I know who smoked pot went to jail, there wouldn't be many people left out there. You just have no business jailing pot smokers. And to say that it leads to hard drugs is stupid. Most pot smokers only meet those dealers and come into contact with the harder drugs because they have to get pot from a drug dealer. The pot takes them to the hard drugs BECAUSE it's illegal. Now THAT'S stupid.

In Chicago, they used to have what was known as The Andy Frain ushers. they ushered all kinds of stuff, from sporting events to Rock concerts. At a concert, they were on the end of the toke line, it got to them, they toked on the joint and sent it back down the line. Of course, that was before the War on Drugs and the nasty conotation that ALL drugs have because of it.

If society wants to make something evil, why don't they go back to making single motherhood a bad thing? They could act like sex was as bad as drugs if they wanted to. I don't know how they pick and choose what standards and ethics to hold to. Oh well. I just sit here and try to live and let live.


Meg

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I am the latest advertising propaganda has been a success apparently,kids no longer think pot is cool, quote, however the ice epademic has taken over and funnily enough ice is now the drug of choice. So the stats suggest.
Ofcourse Ice is cool because they only really targeted pot, only oldies smoke pot and youngies do ice.. Oh yeah the propaganda sure worked, now we have chemical backyard factories ready to explode instead of maryjane trees growing secretly behind tall sheds.

March 08, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, I surely am not cool...I've never even HEARD of ice!

Oh well. When I was in the holding cell and having a panic attack, the other prisoners called the guard to help me. She didn't, she just said that I "looked like I did too much meth". I've never even SEEN meth. That annoyed the heck outta me. I told the guard (angrily), "I've never, ever even been ACCUSED of doing meth!" Damn, I was not happy at her. They have too many new drugs nowadays.

Meg

March 08, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

what an offensive comment. People who do meth have their teeth falling out - they are known to be very disfigured. She must have made that comment to get on your nerves.

March 08, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Actually, I think she meant it. I was curled up in a ball and weighed about 90 pounds. She said that because I was so skinny. BUT you're right....it WAS quite offensive to me!

March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home