.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Meg,

"...Maybe we should start a new blog where anyone can upload their favorite recipes?..."


Go to my recipe blog, stick the recipe in the comments and I'll post it. Go to:

http://www.megsfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com

There, that takes care of that.

"...it just amazes me how human behavior is so alike! wow. My husband also had me jump through hoops - although my jumping only lasted for a week. He said that if I want him to stay, that I would have to do EVERYTHING around the house. He also said that he needs to feel as if he is the most utmost important thing in my life. He was so angry when he said those things, but I was so stupid - I started to clean the house every single day for him, and I even withdrew my application from graduate school just to be with him - then a freakin' week later he left me anyway. I get so damn angry when I think about the complete moron I made myself out to be. I figured out this much by now: If a man really loves you, he will try to bring down the moon for you. If a man becomes very demanding, then that means that he's not in love with you and wants to lose you. Period! That's just the way they are.

I was looking for a way to edit this comment and make it shorter but everything you said was so perfect, true and yes, as you said...alike. I didn't jump for long, that's when it all went down. I had no clue he was planning to leave and he was too much of a coward to tell me. He just got up one morning and said he wouldn't be coming home from work...or ever.

So, bitter? You betcha. As Rick told the reporter when she called to interview him about this blog, I'm "vindictive". So...what's your point Rick? Isn't vindictive sort of implying that I am taking revenge for something that YOU did? Your choice of words has always given you away. Damn...either I'm just that good or you're just that stupid. Or both.

We're all vindictive to some extent, I just happen to be better at it than most people. I admit, I'm no Betty Broderick, but I've had those anti-freeze in the chili moments. But being the law abiding citizen that I am, I never acted upon those particular fantasies. I'm more of a verbal warrior. My tongue is the sharpest shank in the prison created by circumstances beyond my control. My husband knew this as well. He didn't accidentally walk into my trap, he climbed mountains and crossed continents to step right into it, eyes wide open. Please understand that as you read what I have to say...none of this should come as a shock to the man who could have prevented all of my venom by simply telling me the truth. Honesty is most certainly the anti-venom in his case, but he refuses to take it.

You were right, I think I knew it [the truth] all along. It was like a train wreck waiting to happen. I think I finally reached my breaking point. The comment my mom made really drove the point home. I know what I need to do now. Wish me luck. Cheryl

Good luck, for sure. Just remember that if you end it now, it is totally under YOUR control. If you wait until the other party finally leaves, you'll be totally flattened. Read that sentence twice.

I've been reading your blog for a long time now and I really enjoy it. You write so well, and you crack me up! I've been dying for an update on the convo you had with the father who was a defendant in the abuse case. Please update when you can!


DUH! I forgot. The husband basically said that his wife did everything, he didn't stop her...but he may yet totally blame it on her. He said that he would speak to me if I took his collect calls from prison. I have to think about that.

"...There is no way to piss someone off better than catch them in the act and hold a mirror to their behavior so they see how hideous they are..."

The only way to even come close to annoying someone this much is to be right about something when they're wrong. There's something about human nature that makes us all want to "win". But there's also a part of us that keeps our behavior in check. Some of us have more of that part than others.

When they're wrong, caught in a lie and cheating for no really good reason other than hormones...look out. Those assholes have truly made you out to be the wench from hell...in their own mind as well as their family's mind. They are functioning out of contempt, not love. So, once again, get out while you STILL have control over when you guys break up.

Good luck again girl!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

You've helped me more than you know. Thank you for your insight, I know your words will help me through this difficult time.

Cheryl

March 09, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey girl,

I'm glad that I could help. You'll never know how much I appreciate you guys as well. I don't have any friends in this state so I enjoy hearing from you guys...especially when I hear that someone gets what I'm saying. Rick never did.

Keep me up to speed and let me know how you do!

Meg

March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home