.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm not sure what I did...

...but somehow I got around the problems that Blogger has been having and got to this page. Now, if only I can publish what I write, I'll be golden.

A lady named Cheryl wrote to say that I've helped her in a lot of ways. I'm glad if I did, but like Dorothy at the end of The Wizard of Oz...she always knew these things, an asshole just made her forget them temporarily.

When you're in a relationship that has you wondering what's going on CONSTANTLY...you pretty much lose yourself in that confusion. Before the relationship that's causing the problems, you were happy and you knew how to have fun. You didn't worry that you might not be good enough. You saw an obstacle and you mowed it down. You could go out and have fun without worrying that your significant other is home on the phone with someone else. And...when you sat at home, your mind wasn't obsessed with knowing the truth...you just enjoyed yourself and your life.

It doesn't have to be a cheater, it could just be a major asshole. But if you're in a relationship with a person who, somehow, takes up so much of your life that you no longer spend the time on yourself...you totally forget that there ever was a YOU...instead you define yourself as half of a couple and everything that you've planned and dreamed about is about the couple, not about you. Before you know it...the person that you were is gone. There was nothing wrong with that person....we just allowed someone else to manipulate us and our lives to the point where we don't feel as though we can go on without them. Of course you CAN...but it surely doesn't feel like it.

Not only do people need to realize that there's nothing wrong with them, they need to realize that someone else DID it to THEM...they didn't do anything to make themselves a rotten scoundrel. But, luckily for us, the person who did all of this is actually the REAL rotten scoundrel and they're the one who will suffer through life being a pig that won't ever change until they're literally too old, paralyzed or maimed. Then, they may very well be faithful to the person who has to wipe their ass every day. But, until then, they will FOREVER be the creep who made you feel like crap, the bum who didn't have enough decency to be honest and the fool who chose some wopig like Colleen Lombardi over a decent loving wife.

Deep inside they know that they are assholes so they want to make you feel as though you're an asshole too. Who else would stay with an asshole except another asshole? That's the way they think anyway. What other purpose is there for making a person feel worthless? The more worthless a person feels, the more likely they are to stay with an asshole.

So, someone else took your self esteem and trampled all over it. You sit there wondering why this has happened and how they could do such a thing to YOU...the person they vowed to love and protect forever. When they're gone, they leave you there, feeling like a total loser when in reality, and ever so obviously, THEY are the losers! DUH!

They will always be bums and you will always be the person that you always have been deep inside. As time goes by, you start to come back out of your shell of insecurity as you begin concentrating on doing things for yourself instead of the asshole at home. Little by little, you find yourself again and sooner or later, you're GLAD to meet you again! That's when life starts over and you can begin to feel free, happy to be away from the bum and ready to have the life that you deserve.

I accomplished so much before I met Rick that I couldn't believe I was the same person. But after I married him, I slowly lost the ambitious and confident young woman that I was because I did nothing except worry about who my husband was fucking that day. A healthy relationship is one that allows for both of you to grow...individually and as a couple. If your life is stagnating at some level that you aren't happy with, look around and find out why. What are you spending your time doing? Are you out there making your own dreams come true or are you sitting there wishing that some moron will come back to you or even just stay with you?

If a partner doesn't want to let you better yourself, they're no good. If you don't want to better yourself for your partner, then the relationship isn't healthy. The main sign of a healthy relationship is the growth of the partners. A relationship should be the base in which we plant our lives and our partner is supposed to keep it well fertilized...as we do for them. If you have that...you literally have everything.

Cheryl, you're a very kind lady and there are so many men out there who would appreciate that. I'm sure you have attributes that I'm not aware of so think about those and spend your time doing things for yourself. Take a class, join a bowling league, do something that's just for you. If you take care of yourself for a while, someone will notice and eventually you will find someone who fertilizes your life instead of killing it. Sometimes your problems are so severe that it's a daunting task to fix everything. It may take years. But, those years will pass one way or another and if you start weeding your life out a little bit today and don't stop...you'll find that you've created an amazing life for yourself.

People literally can do ANYTHING...they just have to want it badly enough. Period.

So, what's stopping you?

Meg

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW. This has to be one of your more powerful posts so far. Losing yourself is such a, well, loss. Been there. Got me back. Thank you for sharing yourself online.

March 14, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Di,

Thanks...sometimes, like when I wrote this...I'm actually telling myself the same things I tell you guys. So, someone may think that I'm helping them when in reality they're giving me an opportunity to help myself.

Meg

March 14, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I received this comment and I'm not sure the person wanted the name on the blog so I left it off:

Hey Meg...sorry to exploit you for a favor, but is there any way you could let Solaris know that I can't access her blog? I was in the middle of leaving a comment for her when the thing said I couldn't access it because I wasn't an invited member. I am in total shock over what that whore is doing to her!

Also, you could tell Colleen that any woman who knowingly becomes impregnated by a married man is a whore. Period. It is completely beyond my realm of comprehension that this woman would then be proud if commiting adultery. She's nothing more than a cash cow, a meal ticket, a sugar momma etc., in addition to being a whore. I am absolutely disgusted by her actions, and by Jeff's. I feel so bad for Solaris.

Thanks, Meg.



I tried to get to Solaris's blag and got the same message. (My email addy is megkelsobroderick@gmail.com if you need it to send the invite to me.)

At least send me an email so that I can tell you who wrote this comment.

I believe that I've made it clear that Colleen is a whore and of course, IF she is carrying a bastard, she did it on purpose. That just shows you that she would do anything to get her own way, she would even try the oldest trick in the book. I KNOW as well as I know that I'm using my fingers to type this, that the guy who fucked that whore is going to be one sorry bum...and it won't take long at all.

Meg

March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Meg, What a great post! ;)

March 14, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

more emails from the cracked Colleen Lombardi:

"I wanted to thank you for the great half an hour of comedy you provided last night with the email to the parents - they think you are quite touched in the head and again, very relieved Jeff woke up and saw the light. We did have a good chuckle over it though.

As for Liz, Harry and Donna, well they do not work there anymore, nor does Jeff or myself. As for Bill, he has been a dinner guest in our new home so go ahead and send it - Once again he will see you for the person you really are. The crazy attorney happens to be very happy for us (or the house plant she sent us when we moved in said so).

Why do you not just admit it. You were caught with information you not have been looking at to begin with. You are picking at a scab that will never heal if you keep picking.

I have nothing to lose sending this email - what are you going to do? Email my boss, call me a whore, say bad things about my ex-husband and my children? Post a map on the internet with directions to my house and say sometimes I leave my two young boys home alone? Call me a loser? Have other people post things about me that are not true? Have your brother call me names?

You do not need to create a game of You hurt me and I'll hurt you - we have moved on Rosie, perhaps you should move on as well. It has been over a year now - really, move forward!
"

March 14, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

and yet another one:

"I have logged on everyday for a year and forwarded copies of your blog postings to my attorney for the lawsuit I am prepared to bring against you. I am not sure how you wanted to spend all those new dollars you are earning every month with your internet business but I am not sure you want to spend it taking on me and my bank account in court.

I am asking you to stop. My attorney has urged me to email you and ask you not to post about me again on your blog. If you do, be preapred to see me in court. It is your choice. Colleen


She's clearly a bully of an idiot. She has no idea what Internet business I have or if I make money.

March 14, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

So, the whore has a lawyer? I really, really doubt it. I'd say that she has more of a dislike of having our blogs come up when someone searches her name.

And as to the rest of her bullshit, I see right through it. She's hoping that Solaris is as pliable as her husband is...which of course she isn't. The skank knows me better than that...I received no warning from an attorney and as long as I continue to tell the truth (i.e. Colleen Lombardi is a WHORE!), I'm good to go.

I'll have to thank her for giving me so much material...on second thought, fuck her and the horse she road in on.

Meg

March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,

Did you get my comment? I'm not sure, the window did something funny...Anyway, I have it saved on a document at work in case it didn't go through properly.

Cheryl

March 15, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No honey, if I didn't post it, I didn't get it. Resend it! I love hearing from you!

Meg

March 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,

I'm going to print this out and read it to myself every day.

Thank you once again for your kind and insightful words. I can't believe you dedicated a whole entry to me! I am so touched. :)

You are right about a few things. Luckily, I have already realized them for myself since I last commented:

...and they're the one who will suffer through life being a pig that won't ever change until they're literally too old, paralyzed or maimed.

Despite the fact that you've never even met John, the funny thing is that you are right about him. He admitted that all his other relationships had turned out this way. The problems we had, occured in all his previous relationships as well. Anyone else would realize that the ONE THING connecting all these failed relationships together would be HIM. He knows this, yet he still can't (isn't willing to) bring himself to change for some reason.

But if you're in a relationship with a person who, somehow, takes up so much of your life that you no longer spend the time on yourself...you totally forget that there ever was a YOU...instead you define yourself as half of a couple and everything that you've planned and dreamed about is about the couple, not about you. Before you know it...the person that you were is gone. There was nothing wrong with that person....we just allowed someone else to manipulate us and our lives to the point where we don't feel as though we can go on without them.

This, I don't think is true. He never manipulated me, maybe indirectly but never directly. Perhaps I became this way solely out of my own accord and insecurities?

Anyway, I know I'm not perfect. I am just as much to blame for the failure of our relationship as he is. But at least I AM willing to better myself. And for that, I hope I can become a better person - if not for myself, then at least for my future partner.

Thanks again for everything Meg.

Cheryl

March 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Solarisgirl,

Those emails from the mistress should be considered harrassment and/or blackmail.

Leslie

March 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home