.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, March 09, 2007

I just flushed...

...my toilet and you have no idea how good that feels until you are denied the ability to flush. I guess I went about 24 hours with no plumbing and that's no fun at all. The plumber did a few things and then he dumped some chemicals down the drain and told me not to use them for as long as possible. I had to flush the toilet...the second time.

I let it go the first time but I didn't want the place to start smelling like pee so I flushed after the second time. When I lived in California, there was a horrible drought and they kept giving advice for saving water. There was the brick in the toilet tank thing and Tom Snyder (a late night talker from way back) said, "If it's yellow, it's mellow...If it's brown, flush it down." So, I didn't mind the first yellow stuff, but the second one had me flushing.

Thank goodness I've been a little backed up myself...I didn't have to worry about THAT when I couldn't flush. I would have had to go to McDonald's or the grocery store for that. I don't think people appreciate sewers as much as they should. After seeing what came up when the plumber removed the patch over where the "clean out" thingie should have been, I knew it was going to be expensive. That crap is some hideous stuff and I wish I could have continued my life not knowing what a huge clog in a sewer line looks like. But when a person does come into contact with that much shit, you can assume that he wouldn't do it for less than a few hundred bucks and he didn't.

My landlord must be on vacation, he never did return my calls. I had to call a plumber...I couldn't go any longer without calling one. I called my father first to make sure that I had the right to call the guy and then pay him out of the rent. My dad said I was good to go so I did. Since I don't know any plumbers...I just called the guy across the street. He is a plumber and I know him so I figured that I would trust him more than eenie meenie miny moe in the yellow pages.

I have to say, I will never take flushing for granted again. Also, I promise not to flush anymore Huggies wipes down there again. I will be very good to my toilet. Oh! The plumber dude also turned the water on for the ice maker in the new freezer that I had to get about a year ago. Now I don't have to make my own ice anymore. He didn't have to do that, it was very nice of him.

He had to go under the house, a place that I have never been nor will I ever go. I've been here for 10 years and I've gotten by without going under the house and I will keep on not going under the house. I do have to send my son under there, just to change the furnace filter. I'm so glad that I'm not a guy...they have some nasty jobs.

Now I have to do the dishes that piled up in one fricking day...I can't believe how many dishes I use in 24 hours. Just so I don't have anymore tomorrow, I think I'm going to Burger King for dinner. I haven't had a Whopper in such a long time and now I have a taste for one that won't go away so I need to get one of those. I live around the corner from a McDonald's so it's so easy to go there that I usually do. Today I HAVE to have a Whopper.

Well, it's just about time for Seinfeld so I have to go watch that...I'll be back later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home