.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Good morning!

Don't you just love your kitchen the day after you buy a BUNCH of groceries? I can make whatever I want to make and eat whatever I want to eat. I bought a bunch of fruit and I love fruit so that's all I need. I was thinking about it last night, if my kid didn't live here, all I would have bought is yogurt, fruit and coffee. I wouldn't need any of the meat although I'd probably have an occasional steak. The canned foods wouldn't be neccesary either because I don't like Beefaroni or chicken noodle soup. I certainly wouldn't need the boxes of rice, potatoes and pasta...I'd never bother for myself.

I would buy some cereal, I do like a bowl late at night when I wake up at 2 in the morning. And I get the good stuff. I may have a healthy box of something in there but the cereal cabinet is mostly Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Puffs. , Oh, there are some Smacks and Pops as well. Who out there is old enough to remember when those cereals were called Sugar Smacks and Sugar Pops? I guess sugar became a bad thing so they took the word out of the name. They're still filled with sugar, I wouldn't have them if they weren't. Occasionally I think to make oatmeal or farina but I usually don't think that well the first thing in the morning.

I seriously like fruit. Yesterday I got strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, bananas, pears and apples. Those berries are damned good suckers and I eat them down quickly. I won't have such a large berry selection in a few days, most of the berries come in tiny boxes and they don't last too long. Anyway, if I didn't have to feed my kid (and HIS kids) I wouldn't need most of the crap I bought. I bet over 90% of what I got was for him. Since he is here, I do make dinner and I usually eat that, but I wouldn't bother if it were just me. When it was just me I did have a lot of Hot Pockets.

I just noticed that my son found one of my snack food items...my cheese doodles are more than halfway gone. Bastard. I bought him the cheese popcorn. See why I eat so much yogurt? I eat it because I CAN. He won't eat that stuff. So, I can safely buy yogurt and know that it'll be there when I want it. I buy the kind of yogurt that I have berries and then I put more berries in it. Like I put strawberries in strawberry yogurt...that crap is good.

And the animals...they take up a lot of cash. I hate buying dog food so I try to buy a LOT of it when it's on sale. My cart was too full to get more that 24 cans yesterday. That seems like such a lot of dog food until you think that my dogs eat 4 cans a day between the 2 of them. That AND kibble, in a 50 pound bag that I had to get into the car alone. That was fun. At least the cat food is small, even the big bag of Meow Mix isn't as heavy as the big bag of dog food. Those stupid dogs are so big that they pretty much take over any room that they're in.

They both lie at my feet when I'm sitting in my recliner and I have to hop over them to get out. 200 pounds of dog at my feet is no fun at all. The male dog bugs the female and that's my fault. I would put him outside as a punishment for annoying Maggie so then, when he wanted to go outside, he would attack her so that I would throw his ass out back. I know that Maggie has been in a fight or two, the way I found her showed that she'd been wandering outside alone for a while. Payton has never been in a fight...he's just a big baby. So, I would think that Maggie would pull a Mike Tyson and bite off a hunk of ear or something but she never does. Occasionally she will bark at Payton, but she doesn't act as aggresively as I would think she could. She's certainly a very patient dog.

Payton is an idiot. I'm not allowed to pet another animal, have the cat in my lap, or hug a guy on my couch. There's nothing I can do to stop him from climbing on the couch if I kiss a guy there and if I pet Maggie, I know Payton will come and stick his big stupid head on my lap. I hope he reacts as strongly if someone were to attack me. I should have someone pretend to do that just to find out. He's such a big dog that EVERYONE to come in contact with him is afraid. I have to put him in the cage before anyone will come in the house. My dates seem to deal with it, I guess they're trying to be gentlemen and play with my stupid dog. But, other than men like that, who Payton won't let me kiss...I have to cage him before they'll come into my house.

He is a good watch dog. He hears things that I would never hear, like the mailman. He won't let anybody sneak up on him or his territory, he's always on guard. If it weren't for him, I would have a much harder time sleeping. When Rick left I was really afraid to stay alone. I couldn't sleep back in the bedrooms because if anyone would have come in the house, I'd be stuck way in the back. So, I slept on the couch so that I would be right there when they broke in. I know that doesn't make any sense. I think it comes from having the kids and being a single mom. I would always sleep in between my kids and the doors.

I think I'm going to go stare at my food for a while...it's nice to open the fridge and stare at a bunch of stuff. I'm gonna do that now.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home