.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Imus is unemployed...

...for the moment. I don't think that he did himself any favors by kissing up to Sharpton the other day. The meeting with the team that he offended was another lose-lose situation for the man but he went anyway. Imus will work again...and I might have finally listened to him if he had stood up for himself instead of worshipping at the altar of extortion.

I don't know where he'll work, but someone will realize that Imus is a huge money making machine and they'll give him a job. He should have thought of that after he realized how bad the reaction to his bone-headed comment was. Apparently the man has made a career out of offensive radio so it wasn't too bright of him to try that politically correct bullshit...it's not something that he wears well at all.

It's not as though anything changes when white people kiss ass for something stupid that they might say. We're still the evil racist monsters that we've always been so why anyone bothers to suck up so much is beyond me. I'd love to hear just one person get up and say, "Ooops, my bad." and just walk away without making the Victim Rounds.

Michael Richards will never work again...that's what he got for apologizing. Did Imus really think that he would make it all better by visiting the entire team, all the parents, the coaches and the administration of Rutgers? He should have brought an equal number of his own fans to balance everything out. He had already spoken with Sharpton to no avail. Sharpton did nothing but twist every word that Imus said into something racist. There was nothing that Imus could have done to win that round.

To go to that meeting without the Sharpton hand shake photo op was totally stupid. If Sharpton wasn't about to forgive him, would you really expect a group of "Christians" to forgive him? Not a chance. It's far too much fun to whine than to take the high road.

That damn high road is getting rather lonely.

OK, I'm not hungry but I have the shakes that you get with low blood sugar. So, I guess it's time for me to go and get myself a frappacino from Star Bucks. Damn, this is a grueling hunger strike to be sure. But first, I think I'll have a big cup of coffee. Those Millionaire people are going to be sorry that they haven't called me yet.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home