.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 13, 2007

I just figured out...

...why I was wrong about the "a" or "an" before a word that starts with a "u" but sounds like Y. I bet it has something to do with that dumb saying, "The vowels are a,e,i,o,u and SOMETIMES Y! If the sound is y, they didn't want to put it next to another consonant so they just chose the "u" instead. Man, English is a tough language to learn. It must be if people who grow up speaking English have to take it in school for years and years and still don't get it right.

Meg

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, you and I are both of about the same age. We're getting too old to deal with someone else's bullshit. We've thought of everyone else for too long. It's time for us to be selfish. Life's too short. Do what makes YOU happy.

You are a wonderful person who seems to put everyone else first, and herself second. Time to put Mamma first, darlin'. Guilt is for suckers, not us.

April 13, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

The English language is hard to learn...and even harder to teach. I have a 7 and 6 year old looking at me like I'm nuts when they follow the "rules" and I tell them that they are actually wrong because of "Exception to the Rules #253575". I hated English classes in school...and now I remember why. Whoever made up the 'rules' for our language was sadistic...or insane.

And now I'm switching subjects...just in case someone is speed reading, this could be really confusing to mix together...

How did the orgasm-hog take the breakup? I hope he didn't give you a hard time. I always figured that since women were made to have multiple orgasms and men weren't...that we should at LEAST have a 1:1 ratio. Of course I think there should always be a few orgasms followed up by a really incredible-earth shattering-fall asleep together in a crumpled heap orgasm at least once a day. That'd sure make everyone in a better mood at least. It could even be the answer to how to achieve world peace.

:)

April 13, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oooohhh, Midkids has a verygood point and I'll have to address that in a post after I wake up.

And My life, he took it like most men take such a thing, he blamed it on me and I just laughed in his face. I'll tell you about it in a post.

Meg

April 14, 2007  
Blogger mt_detroit said...

hmm I always seem to be behind in the O race.

April 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home