.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, May 10, 2007


OK, I'm back.

I saw that picture and it made me laugh so I thought that I would show it to you. It reminded me of when I would put the kids to bed and stand by the closet door and say, "Did you hear that?...oh, I'm sure it's nothing." Then I would walk out the door. You should have seen the looks on their faces.

That "thing" in the picture is exactly what I used to think a monster would look like. It's like my worst nightmare come true.

It's almost 6 AM and I'm up drinking some coffee in preparation for a day of housecleaning and money spending. This week has been a good one, financially speaking. First, I got the almony in the mail, yesterday I got my tax refund and today I got paid. So, I think it's time to buy some summer clothes. I hate buying clothes. I wouldn't mind winter clothes, those are almost fun to buy. But trying to stay cool and clothed isn't easy down here. You have to be half naked and I don't wanna be half naked.

Oh well, myabe I'll buy some sun dresses, those are comfortable. Ooh, did I just say sundresses? I'd be dressing like Samantha, wouldn't I? Whatever...I'll find something. I have to...I'm going to Florida soon. My father called to tell me that his ex-wife (who he is caring for) has had to start dialysis. She's had a donor kidney for 15 years which is very, very good for a donor kidney. The doctors have decided to stop her cyclosporin, which is the anti-rejection medicine. The doctors said that rejection won't be a problem, her kidney won't be lasting long enough to go by rejection.

Of course, she also has Alzheimer's and that's what my father's really been dealing with. The 3 times a week trips to dialysis just started...she's been at my father's for over a year just getting more and more confused. She refuses to stop smoking wherever she pleases and everyone knows you don't smoke in my father's house...you just don't. But she won't stop...no matter what you do. You'd have to toss buckets of water at her to stop her from lighting up...it's really quite remarkable to watch. He tells her not to, she does, she drops the cigarette on the new carpet, burns big long cigarette burns in the new carpet and then she does it again. Once when I was there she fell asleep with a lit cigarette on her chest...it was burning a hole in her shirt when I caught it. When I go to my father's, I put the fire extinguisher on the coffee table...just for effect. It drives her nuts.

Anyway, my dad's going insane and he needs a break...so I'm going down to give it to him. I agreed to be put on a schedule at one hospital so I know when I'll be working. I'll work other shifts on other units but at least I kow that I'll work every Monday and Tuesday and every other Friday for the time being. The manager of that unit liked me when I worked there one night so she asked my supervisor if I could work for her and I agreed so I was able to plan a trip to Florida. I'll fly down after I get off Wednesday morning and then I'll fly back Monday morning, take a nap and go in Monday night. That reminds me...I have to find the flights.

When I get back, I guess I'll have to be at the ready to fly back down there at any given time but I also want to start planning my trip to Europe soon. I'd like to go late this summer or early this fall. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do but I am going to go. I may do what I did last time, fly to England, drive to Paris and around Great Britain. Or, I could fly to Paris and drive around there. I'd really love to drive around the Alps and that would be my first choice of trips. I'll probably just fly to Paris, rent a car and go from there. But then again, I really want to go to Ireland and then go back to Scotland...that was amazingly beautiful.

Damn.

I'll figure it out. It's a nice problem to have...don't you think?

OK then...I forgot about...... this MySpace thing:

http://www.myspace.com/megkelso

I forgot my password so I can't get in that sucker. I can't do anything but look at that page. That's OK, it's all I can do to keep this thing going everyday.

Today is the first day that I didn't work last night, I don't have to work tonight or the kids aren't here in a long time. That's why I have so much to do. I suppose that I should get busy and start cleaning up. Then, when normal humans are awake, I can go to the store. I'll be back before I leave...have a good morning!

Meg


OH! I just remembered the password to the MySpace account! I was able to check my messages, that took an hour and a half...I hadn't checked them in well over a year!

Meg

8 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

Yes, Meg, it's a nice problem to have... (for a change)

I plan on going to Europe late this year, if not early next. But since you are leaving before I am, send me a postcard!

May 10, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I always send lots of postcards when I go to Europe. I have fun just BUYING the stupid things. I would love to take my daughter with me, that would make it a trip of a lifetime as opposed to just another trip of mine. It's time to get serious about that trip...I need to start looking for tickets. You know, it's easier to find a good price on flights to Europe than it is to find good prices to Tampa. So far the best I've found is 200 bucks. I bet there's a better fare out there. I'll keep looking for a couple of days...do you guys have any suggestions?

Meg

May 10, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

MyLifeAtFullSpeed left this comment and I accidentally deleted it:

Hey there!

Let me know if you need anything while you are down here. Especially anything that resembles a break from the insanity and/or a trip to Panera Bread for a sandwich and coffee. ;)

Honestly though, if you need something, I'm literally less than an hour away. And to me, that's the same as going to gymnastics or homeschool co-op (those 2, 3 times a week). It's not a very far distance to me.

If you need my phone number again, let me know. Actually, I'll just email it to you again now.

And if you are busy, as it sounds like you will be...I'm always open to getting together next time.

:)


Yea, it'd be great to spend a bit of time with you again! I'll call you after I get there and take a nap so that we can plan something...I'm soooo looking forward to it!


Meg

May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Meg, That is why we Love the South, the fewer the Clothes the better LOL. Its called cotton, lots of cotton

May 10, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'm sure cotton is nice...but I still don't want to be half naked. Today I wore a cotton skirt and blouse...but the skirt was tea length...I was semi-covered up!

Meg

May 10, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

The fire extinguisher thing sounds a little cruel, but it is a serous situation. I remember when I was very young and my Uncle fell asleep with a cigarette. Except it was caught a little later. My Uncle and the house was OK, but the mattress was very badly burned. I remember seeing it outside and the stench inside.

Hey I saw that myspace page, nice photo.

May 10, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Oh, I was wondering Meg, what plans do you have for your myspace account?

Noticed that you had a few cross posts and a nice photo.

May 10, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

What do you mean? I have no plans for it. It's just there. My daughter asked me to start that thing a while ago. What kind of plans COULD I have?

Meg

May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home