.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, June 25, 2007

I DID IT!!!!

I painted my own room and I painted it PINK!!!! Actually it's a dusty rose...but it's closer to pink than I've had since I lived at home with my parents. If they still had full service gas pumps and if the trash man came inside to pick up the trash I wouldn't need a man at all.

I started painting earlier today. I did the trim first and after that dried I painted the walls. I think I'll have to put another coat of white on the closet doors but I'm pretty much finished. Now I just need to take all the stuff off my bed and put it all back on the floors and then I can go to bed.

I asked my son how many gallons it would take and he said, "Oh, two or three." Well, I did it with less than one gallon so now I have a gallon of custom paint that I can't do anything with. I guess I'll save it so that I can paint over dirt instead of cleaning the walls.

My hands are sore and so are my shoulders but it's a good pain, the pain that a woman feels when she's done something that men have done for her for her entire life. And, I did a good job, too. I got that blue painters tape and taped the entire room before I started so I didn't mess up except for one little spot on the ceiling. I had hunter green ivy at the top of the walls that I stenciled years ago and I had to cover some of that with an extra coat and when I did, I made a boo boo. But, I can fix that so all in all, I'm pretty impressed with me.

I bought new blinds for the windows because the green ones that I had up there wouldn't match the rose that I put on the walls. After I put them up, I'll buy myself a new set of bed clothes that matches the walls and by the time my new bed comes, I'll have a totally new room. I even bought a new television...so all the traces of Rick are out of my room now.

When the bed comes, that room will be so cool that I'll never want to leave it. Of course, right now I want to go back in there and sleep. I started the walls at about ten something and I kept on painting until I finished. I just looked at the clock and saw that it's well after 3 AM...I had no clue it took that long. It felt like a couple of hours, not five.

I love being able to decorate without having to worry that a man will think my taste too girly. Next I may just wallpaper my bathroom with some floral print that would have driven Rick insane.

My other ex had some papers sent to me from the Diocese that he lives in...apparently he wants to annul our marriage so that he can marry his wife in the church. I called him to ask him if there was anything that I could do to make it easier for him, but it doesn't look like there's anything that I can do so I'll just do whatever the church asks me to do. We were divorced in the 80's yet the Catholic Church still considers us man and wife. I can't imagine that this could be tough...I've been married since then (and divorced again of course).

Rick called last week too, so I've spoken to 2 ex's in one week. That's 2 too many for any woman. Well, I'm gonna have to make this a short post because my shoulders are killing me and even my fingers hurt so I keep making typo's and then I have to fix them. It's getting annoying and I don't want to be annoyed, I'm too happy that I accomplished something that I would have always had a man do...and I did it all by myself!!!!

OK then, I'm off to sleep in my new pink (dusty rose) room...that is if the smell doesn't chase me out.

Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow...or is it later on today?

See ya!

Meg

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I woke up 3 hours after I posted that. I don't know why, but I did. I wish MacDonald's delivered, I have a huge hankerin' for a Happy Meal. Oh well, I'll eat some blueberries and go back to bed.

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

Good job, Meg.

You know, I remember you saying something about Rick calling you a while back - but you didn't pick up. I was thinking that if I were his bimbo, I wouldn't tolerate that garbage. I don't know how she does - considering Rick's history.

Oh well, I guess she doesn't care!

June 25, 2007  
Blogger L. said...

I totally understand....my bedroom is a purple-blue color now.

Enjoy the pink!
: )

June 25, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sol, Unless Rick has fouund Jesus, he doesn't tell her that he calls me.

Gram,

Don't you just love this autonomy?! I love being the boss of me!

:):):)

June 25, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Ewwwww...The word annulment still gives me hives. I won't even get into the whole discussion of how fucked up it is that a marriage can not exist if you give the church enough money. Sort of.

My ex asked me to agree to whatever it was to get an annulment so that he and his new wife-to-be could get married in church. He and I got divorced when my son was 2, they were getting married when my son was 4. After tons of letters from the church..I finally went off on some guy at the main diocese in charge of the whole deal and they sent a letter allowing the annulment...by then my son was 17. It took 13 years and $1000 paid by the ex for the church to grant it. And I think that my commenting on the fact that I got remarried in the Greek Orthodox church and they don't even consider my first marriage real anyway since it was a Catholic marriage...so they should just get it over with and let the poor guy have a proper church marriage if that is what he even wants anymore might have been the final step in their decision (or they thought I was a raving loon and next I'd be in their office screaming about wasting my time). I mean, they had gotten married somehow and had two kids already, but the church wouldn't consider it valid.

I think it's all insane. But maybe that is just me. I have never believed in organized religion and basically nodded and smiled my way through both weddings just to make my husband (and the ex) happy. If it means that much to him, then what harm does it do me to sit through a 2 hour ceremony that occurs in a language I don't understand? :P I was up front about my being brought up with a Native American teaching and both priests knew my beliefs were not going to be changed and they went along with it still...must have been that check dangling in front of them.

And now that I've stirred up a hornets nest...sorry Meg...

I LOVE that pink. I can't wait to see the room when the bed arrives and you get it all finished.

:)

June 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home