.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Right now I'm listening to...

...All 70's-All the Time. They're playing that stupid song, "Seasons in the Sun". I had that 45...I was singing the tune by heart before I really realized what it was about. Like that upbeat little ditty, "Last Kiss". It was SO upbeat...then there was a line that went like this:

"...I couldn't stop, so I swerved to the right, I'll never forget the sound that night, the screamin' tires, the bustin' glass, the painful scream that I heard last..."

What the hell kind of song is that?

OK...now I'm acrimonious There's this guy I know who has apparently been trying to get in touch with me. Now, keep in mind that I had my daughter in from LA AND my grandchildren this weekend. And...you should know that I called him when they went to Chuck E. Cheese to tell him that I was in the house alone and I could talk for a while but he wasn't there. I left the message and thought he might call me back...but he never did. Then, I saw that he called me sometime around noon on Sunday. I don't know what I was doing or where I was, but I didn't see that call on the caller ID until Monday. I called him again yesterday afternoon. Now...I'm calling his cell phone. This is something that he has on his person as much as anyone else does. This morning, when I went to check my email, I found this:


know, I called you a few times over the weekend, and I know you were with your daughter, so whatever, but I emailed you today and asked you to call me at work because I can't use my phone, and also to call me at my Mom's and still no call.
No reply to my emails either.
Allright then.


Allright then? What the hell does that mean? So...I reply:

I don't have your mother's number! I also didn't check my email. How the hell can I call you?

I didn't call him at work because I did what I always do...I called his cell phone. So he writes:

I sent it to you in one of my two last emails.
You always check your email.


That's where I get really, really angry. I've just been called a liar. And he's wrong..I DO NOT always check my email. So...:

NO I DON'T DAMN IT...I HATE when you call me a liar.

And his usual response when he implies that I'm lying:

I did not call you a liar. I just stated a fact.

This guy does that to me all the time. Actually, he DID it to me all the time because I don't have time for that shit. The time I spend being called a liar could be spent with a guy who likes to make me feel good...not like crap.

Is it me...or is this yahoo calling me a liar and then lying his OWN way out of it? I NEED to know. Actually...HE needs to know.

OK…this inane conversation went on for a while. After the email where he “accused” me of lying, I sent this:

You know what...if I'm such a losing liar...you need to move on. You don't know me at all. I wouldn't lie about something so stupid. And you NEVER, EVER apologize for doing it. It was NOT a fact...I DON'T ALWAYS CHECK MY EMAIL! Why the hell would I? Take it back now...and mean it.

Not exactly Einstein…but erudite enough to know what I meant, he responded:

Take what back?

So…even though he KNOWS what I meant…I explained AGAIN:

You called me a liar…you have ten seconds to take it back.

Then, charming ass that he is…his trite response was this:

I am at work and cannot conform to your time standards.
I take back whatever you think I need to take back.
I never called you a liar.


Now I’m even MORE annoyed:

Can't you SEE what an idiot you are? Read your email...you don't have time to apologize when my feelings are actually HURT...but you have time to be a smart ass? OMG you're an ass!

And…when “I’m sorry I hurt your feelings.” would have put it all to a stop (and no, his “whatever you think I need to take back” didn‘t do it)…I get this:

Allright, I need to work now. Call me tonight if you want to.

Now I was busy sticking the earlier crap on the blog and then later I got this one:

you are posting my emails on your blog? I asked you not to do that.
Post this: Unless you take that off the blog, don't call me anymore.

What the hell was that? I already gave him a chance to take it back...now he's just being obstinate. So...if ever you see this post taken down, you'll know that he decided to apologize to me. I'm not in the mood to beg at the feet of men who treat me like dirt anymore so I won't be taking it down without an apology. But...I am reasonable...one simple apology would do it. OK...I'm going to write something now...about people who break up with you simply because you broke up with them.

Meg

10 Comments:

Blogger Sous Gal said...

What he says is a fact is, in fact :) his perception. He can't possibly know, for a fact, how often you check your email. Unless he's you.

And what does he get from antagonizing you like that? What's the loss to him if he just goes with the flow and doesn't sweat the small stuff? He's supposed to be trying to impress you!

Did you sign up for a sparring partner?? argh... MEN!

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Brad said...

Hey Meg! This is Brad. I've been trying to call you. Please call me at my cousin's best friend's sister's friend's house as soon as you can. It is important! I have a cell phone on me, but it is much more convenient for you to call me there.

Is this guy married?

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOL...that would my question! You'll have ask him. Maybe you can catch him at his mother's. You guys should see the rest of the emails...they didn't stop.

:(

August 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about you, Brad? Are you married? ;)

I see you're from here, maybe one day we'll meet and I can take ya out to the 'hole, no pun intended :)

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

Hey, Meg.
I was trying to call you at Brad's house, but his mother sent me an email with the wrong phone number for you to call me at work when Brad was at his cousin's best friend's sister's friend's house visiting his mailman (or email man, as it were). Let me know when you get this, and call me on Brad's cell phone so we can go to the Diner sometime. Text me with your schedule, okay? (Who is this Brad fellow? I like his sense of humor! He's a hoot!)

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Brad said...

Ok. I'm not one to hog someone else's comment section, but someone who was anonymous posted the following:

"How about you, Brad? Are you married? ;)

I see you're from here, maybe one day we'll meet and I can take ya out to the 'hole, no pun intended :)"

No...I'm not married. What is "the 'hole"? I'm always up for going new places.

August 30, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

HOG AWAY!!!! The comments are what EYE look forward to reading!

Anne, Gotcha...I left the message on the third machine with the date and time...see ya there!

You know...I think I am going to post the rest of that inane conversation.

Meg

August 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad,

Let me see a picture first!

August 30, 2007  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

Meg,
I reread your revised post, and what I think is that you should dump the chump. (I'm sure you're shocked that I would react that way -- NOT!)

Anne

August 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Anne.
Now I'll have to continue reading and see what happens......
TW

May 16, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home