.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Well…

…after all this time that I’ve been alone, I’ve finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was looking for men out in the world. I never thought to check out the prison population! What a nit wit I am. Earlier today I watched some show about women who married prisoners so I decided to search for a convict of my own. I didn’t realize that they had internet access and that they could post advertisements for women.

Apparently, these guys have an amazing self esteem, no matter how dim their potential appears to us:

"...Success seems to be a matter of hard work and endurance, and that’s what I’m about. I am a DEATH ROW INMATE, 6’1, 205 lbs with an athletic build..."

They seem to be rather ambitious. I love a guy with a plan:

"...I have been incarcerated since April of '94 and finally coming up for release in September of 2008. I am seeking a woman who is compatible with me. . . race does NOT matter. When I am released I will be investing in real estate (section 8), building homes, and importing cement from Venezuela..."

And don’t you love a man with an education?

"...I am a college graduate from West Virginia University of Technology at Montgomery, WV receiving a football scholarship. My major was in Business Management and Finance..."

And I can’t believe that men like this one are going to waste:

"...I am 6’3, 225 lbs. Never been married but I have a daughter named Alexus. Both my parents and grandmother are still living and I have two sisters. I believe in God and once I complete my goals and aspirations I would like to spend time organizing contributions to helpless and homeless kids who do not have family support. I would also like to help single family mothers whose kids may need support from a male figure to keep them from making mistakes. It would be rewarding to give back what I have learned from my mistakes..."

And I was pleasantly surprised that so many of them share my interest in traveling:

“…My hobbies are weightlifting, jogging and traveling to different countries to study different cultures…”

“…My hobbies are watching movies, reading, writing, listening to music, traveling, Please feel free to respond and ask me any and all questions. I promise to be as honest and open as you expect…”

“…I am 6'1", very open minded, up front, funny with a great sense of humor. I love to travel, play football and basketball…”

“…Please feel free to respond and ask me any and all questions. I promise to be as honest and open as you expect. I enjoy exercising, reading, playing chess, and jazz & classical music are my favorites. I love traveling…”

How much honesty do you think I should expect?

Well, these men are not only great catches, they also have high standards when it comes to what they want in a woman:

“…I want to meet a woman who enjoys life and is career minded. Someone with whom we can grow together to achieve each other’s goals. Hopefully I can contribute to help you reach your career goals…”

Should you be frightened of dating a convict, worry not:

“…Please do not be afraid to write as I am a cool nigga that got locked up for distributing drugs. I will be in the feds until 2017. I will tell you all about myself when we get to know each other on a more personal level. I promise to be as open and honest as you expect…”

And should you take a bit too long trying to decide whether or not you should take a chance on one of these men, just remember that they are:

“…up for anything! I would much rather "do" then look back and say I wish I did. You know, those old regrets. . . I could of. . . I should of. . . I would of. Life is too short to say no…”

Not all of these men are such great prizes, but at least they’re honest about it (at least as honest as I can expect):

"...IN A NUTSHELL
- FULL BLOODED IRISH ON MY FATHER'S SIDE,
- HALF IRISH/GERMAN ON MY MOTHER'S,
- BLOOD BROTHER TO A CHEROKEE MEDICINE MAN,
- GREW UP NEXT TO AN INDIAN RESERVATION.
I GUESS THIS MAKES ME A CULTURAL MISFIT, HUH?..."

Well, perhaps it does…but his execution date is rather soon so I’ll never get a chance to know for sure. These are just the tip of the iceberg...there are many, many more of these men just ripe for the picking. It's like being a kid in a candy store...they're all just sitting there waiting for us to snag them up! I better get back to that web site and find me one of them "honest as you expect" men before they're all picked over...see ya later!!!

Meggers

1 Comments:

Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

You are toooooo funny! LOL

I'm glad to see that you are feeling better.

:)

August 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home