.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Meg…

“…Music definitely lifts my moods too, when I am feeling nostalgic I stick on some 80s and remember being a teenager!…”

“…3 years isn't long Meg. It's 2 years for me and I'm still struggling. Your heart is nice and safe until it's ready…:”

Yeah, music is good…I spent the 80’s with Rick so I have to go a bit further back. BUT…I did get some 80’s songs from about 3 One Hit Wonders lists that were so overplayed for so long that you can’t really associate them with any one time unless one of them was YOUR song. Then you can’t bear to hear it. I just got over being sad when I heard my first fiancé’s song from when he was with his previous girlfriend…Happy Together. That relationship was in 1976.

My first husband made the Eagles song New Kid In Town our song…I had just moved to California and he wasn’t terribly deep. Or bright. We would play Spades and he would lead with the king of spades before the ace was broken…every single time. He just didn’t grasp the idea that no matter how good that king looks, the ace is better. On a trip to San Francisco, we were having lunch during a site-seeing day. My father asked the man how you get to the Mint. My wonderfully ignorant husband answered, “Oh, you go up to the counter, by the cash register.” I laughed so hard that I almost had a stroke. My father was kicking me under the table because he didn’t think that a wife should laugh at her husband. What Dad didn’t know was that this guy didn’t even realize why I was laughing. He just kept on eating his patty melt.

The song that my next hubby and I had was stupid so that one doesn’t bother me…it was Two out of Three Ain’t Bad. Doesn’t that just blow for a song? Rick and I had Jungle Love…romantic, ‘ey? Ody ody OH MY GOD.

It’s not on my list. But going to all of those one hit wonders lists was a good idea, there are some damn good songs on those suckers. There’s a lot of different lists and they have a lot of the same songs but they also have some different songs that you haven’t heard in years. Even some I may have never thought of again. I can’t figure out how to put them on my own play list and that’s making me nuts. My son keeps “showing me” how…but he does it so fast and runs. He doesn’t even watch me try to do it once myself. Brat.

And you’re also right about 3 years being a relatively short time…but it’s also a lifetime. It’s as though my entire marriage never really happened…I just went into limbo when I was 24 and came out decades older with nothing at all to show for it. People don’t invest that much of their life into something that they don’t have a LOT of faith in.

Well, yesterday I bet $500 on Green Bay. Before the game started, I tried to lower the bet but the dude wouldn’t let me. He said the bet was final. So…I watched Minnesota kick Atlanta’s ass and then they showed the end of the Packer game. Tied at 13-13...I had hope. With seconds left in the game…Green Bay kicked a field goal and won the game. So…I’m glad he wouldn’t change the bet…I won 500 bucks.

I didn’t win any other games that were my sentimental favorites. My daughter had tickets to the Bears game in San Diego. It’s a bitch to get lucky enough to get some of the rare tickets to a Bears game and then to go and watch them lose.

I’m used to the Cubs doing that. But not the Bears.

Oh well. There’s always next year. Of course…the Bears are just starting and I did hear one guy predict Chicago vs. New England in the Super Bowl. He was the only one but he seemed to know what he was talking about.

So, I watched football all day yesterday. I was bored and wanted to get out of the house. The problem is that I did it at the sports bar around the corner. When in Rome…so I had a few beers. That’s all it takes to get me a hangover. But I had fun. I did get to go on the ride up the interstate…with a nice guy who looks like a single man who could really use a woman to take care of his clothes. They were nice, just wrinkled. He was the kind of guy who brings out the maternal instinct in a woman. I don’t do maternal so we’re just friends…but he was quite nice to take me on that ride. AND…he had good music of his own so that worked well. He had Pet Sounds and anyone who has that is my friend.

OK...I need to work on that hangover remedy. It's a good thing I drank early because I went to bed really early and this could be a LOT worse. It's almost gone but I want to feel normal again.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home