.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

I woke up this morning...

...and I let out the dog, fed the cats and fish, made myself some coffee and sat at my desk. I went to Brad's blog and found this, his entire post:

You know, it's sad when you can share your deepest thoughts with someone and then one bad joke suddenly defines who you are in their mind.I am done blogging. It can be both fun and therapeutic, but always at a price. That's a price I'll never pay again. Sorry. Thanks for reading.

I don't know what happened to Brad to make him pull his blog but I really would like to. I assume that someone emailed him something dreadful and it was so bad that it made Brad feel like crap.

Well, I think that just blows.

I was kinda hoping that you guys would help me tell Brad that one bad joke doesn't "define" him, nor does one bad email define his audience. Brad has ALWAYS been upbeat, pleasant and friendly. That's tough to find. Brad shared his thoughts with us and did so with a smile that came through my modem and slapped me in the face every morning when I saw his comments on my blog and his "inspirations" that were always fun to read.

As sweet as Brad has been since the very first day I became aware of him...I have also run into some total assholes. It's amazing how cruel some people can be...for absolutely NO reason whatsoever. Usually you have to visit eigth grade to find such nastiness...but it certainly exists outside in the real world. There was one or two that hurt my feelings...but I work with doctors so I have a real thick skin. I learned a long time ago that anonymous idiots with nothing better to do than surf the net looking for happy people to break down are a dime a dozen. If you have a blog that is read by more than a handful of people, you're going to get some real jack asses commenting but they are ALWAYS in the minority, less that one in a thousand.

I've chatted a LOT about people on this blog. I like to think that I have a lot of insight into them and why they do the things they do. I don't always get it...but I usually do. I'm not sure what happened to Brad...but my guess is that one of the trolls that likes to be cruel to any sweet blogger they find said something nasty to him and hurt his feelings. Brad has feelings...it's obvious to see that. Mean people don't usually go after other mean people, cowardly bullies that they are...they usually go after people who seem quite to be easy targets, those who WOULD be hurt by a nasty email or comment.

Usually these are pitifully miserable people who can't stand to see anyone else having a good time. It was obvious that Brad was having fun yesterday and that made some moron so insane with jealousy that they said something to Brad that got him to pull his entire blog.

If you were to scroll down and read the comments that Brad left me...you'd see nothing but pleasant comments that make you smile. I'm quite sure that I'm not the only one who noticed that about Brad.

I know how many people come here in the course of a day. I would really appreciate it if you guys could leave a message here for Brad here, I can't find an email addy or a way to leave comments on his blog. So...I'm hoping that he comes here. If any of you DO have Brad's email addy, tell him to come here and to tell me what happened that was so bad. I don't have to put it up here...I just want a chance to tell Brad that we miss him and we want him to come back.

Now I'm going to write another post...hopefully I can write something upbeat after seeing what's happened to Brad...but we shouldn't let one asshole trash two blogs.

Meg

OK...I read Brad's post about why he took his blog down. I'm terribly sorry for whatever it was that caused him to drop it...I hope that we see him in the comments...and I hope that he has people who care about him enough to allow him to be himself without fear of being disposed of.

7 Comments:

Blogger Limerick Gal said...

I was just as surprised as you! Gonna miss his wit & banter, that's for sure. :(

September 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No...we can't resign ourselves to Brad-less world. We must tell him that we're the ones who count and WE want him back!

NOW!

Meg

September 06, 2007  
Blogger Limerick Gal said...

And surely by now he knows that we always get what we want!

September 06, 2007  
Blogger Sous Gal said...

Hey! Brad! Are you going to let someone else define who you are? Are you going to let someone you don't even know! influence decisions you make about your own life and your own hobbies and interests?

For every one person with a bad 'tude toward strangers, and really, shouldn't that troll get a life?, there are a katrillion other witty, fun, healthy, sane bloggers. I mean, just look at who hangs out at Meg's? :)

You belong anywhere you decide you belong or want to be. Trolls, do not.

Come on back to the five and dime Jimmy Dean :)

September 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No. But I'll tell you this, the situation has inspired me to write a post...but I don't have time right now. Brad has asked that we not blog about him anymore and I will respect his wishes. BUT...I can and will take this experience and learn from it...and I shall also attempt to share what I've learned. I'll address this when I'm more awake and feeling a tad better than I do now. I feel like I'm gonna puke all over the keyboard.

Meg

September 06, 2007  
Blogger akakarma said...

I am so sorry to hear about he that request no mention! He seemed like a great guy and I will miss his writing and comments. It is hard in blogger land to manage the anonymity and the freedom it makes you feel vs the feelings of others as more than bloggers but real people. Conflict resolution is hard by internet.

September 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow - dear Brad you were a newbie to blogging - got to roll with the punches... come back - it seems a lot of us miss you - I know I do!

September 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home