.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Solaris…

…you should be happy to hear that I’ve stuck Infidelity For Dummies in the word processor and I’m in the process of editing it. When I finish, I’ll be adding to it. Oh, and tonight I’m taking the left-over pot roast and turning it into beef stew. Let me think…what day did I cook that thing? Oh, it’ll be fine…my kid’ll eat anything.

Actually, he won’t eat ANYTHING…he hates onions. I hate making two meat loafs. Damn, I hate making one. Did you ever notice how there is no recipe for meat loaf? You just put whatever you have in there and hope it stays in a loaf. If I’m out of ketchup, I might use French dressing. Who knows? I could be out of bread and use oatmeal. The spices are always a toss up. The only thing that you really HAVE to have is an egg. Everything else is optional.

The nice thing about trying to eat around someone who hates onions is the fact that if I DO make a meat loaf and it’s a GOOD meat loaf…I’ll always get some. All I have to do is put huge hunks of onions in the sucker and it’s all mine. I can pretty much do that with anything. I don’t understand that kid…he’ll eat jalapeño peppers but he won’t eat green peppers and onions in his chili. Go figure.

Rick was a softie when it came to food as well. He didn’t have a very extensive vegetable tolerance. It was corn, pea, corn, pea, corn, pea, green bean, corn, pea, corn, pea. I love veggies…a lot of them. Rick was pretty much a meat and potato man. I don’t understand men who are afraid of broccoli but will gnaw on a big Red Hot Slim Jim for a half an hour. Can you imagine what the hell they use to make THAT crap? I don’t even want to know.

When I married Rick, his freezer was empty except for a big box of things that couldn’t legally be called meat…so they called them “Pat-ti-o’s” He fed them to his kids and then we never bought anymore Pat-ti-o’s…ever again. Of course, like most single men…he did have a rather large collection of condiments…but nothing to put them on. I always at least have Hot-Pockets.

Ooh, I just noticed that I also have Pizza Rolls! I can snack on those while I cook dinner. I love a good Pizza Roll. I eat them in my own way…first I nibble off the corners and then I pop the whole thing in my mouth. I think everybody has their own way of eating those things…don’t you?

A short time later…the Pizza Rolls are in the oven. The more I thought about popping them in my mouth without corners…the more I wanted them. So, I’m gonna get some. My big challenge for the night is to cook those bad boys without letting any of the sauce come out of the roll…I hate when that happens.

Uh oh…now my appetizer is ready to eat and Stewi, my dog's kitten, is as devious as he is smart. He loves to eat anything and he has his eyes on my Pizza Rolls. That means that I have to eat them. If I leave them there too long he could just jump on them. So, I gotta go.

Meg

PS I DID end up losing a bit of sauce out of a few Pizza Rolls.

4 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

Will you autograph my copy?

September 12, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sure pussycat,

I'll even put lipstick on and kiss it...leaving what my son used to call "kisslips"...cool, huh?

:):):)

September 12, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

no offense, gal-pal... but don't you think the kisslips would have more of an effect on me if it came from the hunk himself?

ooo, let me stop flirting - I've already gotten into a world of trouble online.

September 12, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah but I think you'd have a problem getting him to put the lipstick on...I don't think that'd be very easy.

September 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home