.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today I'm getting...


...another aquarium! That makes 3 of them. This one will be a salt water aquarium. I've been wanting one ever since the first time I laid eyes on one. But, those suckers are quite expensive. The day I went out to watch the football games (Where's my $500?) the owner of the sports bar started talking to some guy about aquariums. Eventually I joined in the conversation and before I knew it, the owner dude said that he had a salt water aquarium that he doesn't have the time to take care of so he's selling me the entire set up for $100. The filter alone is $140 so I think I did well. He'll be dropping it off today and I'm looking forward to that. I just have to figure out where to put it.

I would love to have an aquarium in my room...but I would hate to have a flood in my there should anything go wrong. Besides, my hose doesn't reach that far and I usually fill the tanks up with that thing. And...if my plan works out, I'll have a bunch of live rocks and one clown fish in that aquarium and there would be no way to keep the grandbabies out of my room if I had Nemo in there.

Well, I've totally lost my appetite now so I guess I need to look for those tiny clothes that I was wearing a couple of years ago. That's the nice thing about being sick...you lose a lot of weight and you can pretty much wear anything that you want to wear. I had gotten down to 92 pounds and then I gained 30 which sounds like a lot but it really isn't when you started at 92. I was up to 120 this summer...I guess that'll be as heavy as I'll be for a while.

When I was in my twenties, I could lose weight for any special occasion...easily. Once I hit my thirties...it was impossible to lose weight without starving myself. I don't know how those Hollywood chicks do it...they must eat next to nothing. Anyway, as tough as it was to lose weight...it was much harder to gain it. If you don't want to eat...you really can't. Not without getting sick, anyway.

Oh well, I AM going to California soon so maybe I'll lose enough weight before I get there and I'll be able to wear those annoying Oleson twin's clothing. I should fit right it. Tiny women don't fit in down here in Gogia...too much fried chicken and bar-b-que.

California should be fun...I'll enjoy hanging out with my daughter and her friends...until she gets sick of me being there, anyway. She told me that some of those TV shows, like most of the judge shows, pay people to sit in the audience. I would have done that for free. Especially if it were Judge Judy...she's such a bitch...."You madame, are an idiot and a whore." Yeah...that'd be fun.

Speaking of Hollywood, I heard that Britney Spears made an ass of herself on national TV. Well, what did they expect? Like the people who hired Roseanne to sing at a baseball game...someone at the network needs to take the fall for that one. If you hire an out of shape drunk, you just might get one. It's a shame that people are calling Britney overweight...I think the problem was the outfit. A normal woman with that body might look good if she were dressed in jeans. But the bikini didn't work.

Do you ever look at people and wonder if they checked themselves out in a mirror before they left the house? Sunday I saw a chick with her belly literally hanging out and below her shirt. I was thinking, "I'm trying not to look at your obese belly but it's so unbelievable that I can't help myself. What were you thinking? What the hell are you talking about? I have no clue. I can't get passed the naked hanging belly."

You know...I was just thinking about something. People make such judgements about other people by what they wear. I can dress like a grandmother and be treated like one. Or I can put on low rise jeans and a tank top and the treatment that I receive is poles apart from the grandma treatment. I'm the same person, I don't act any differently...it's just everyone around me.

I'm more comfortable in granny clothes, of course. I recently bought some granny style underpants because I get a bit sick of wearing bikini panties all the time. Not only were they granny panties...they were one size too big. I can't EVER wear them on a date. God forbid I should be caught in those things! Considering the sporadic nature of my sex life, I have to occasionally wear the jeans and tank top. And...bikini panties.

I was just thinking that the aquarium dude is bringing it by some time this AM...I better find a place for it. Have a good morning...I'll see you later....at least to show you my new tank!

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

If you have any questions about the saltwater tank, let me know. I might be able to help.

We have quite the biology project going on here...a self filtering reef tank with live rock, coral propagation, the works. We are down to one small 55 gallon reef tank though (I have 400 gallons in empty tanks just sitting around in the garage right now)...and I'm plotting the 15ft x 6ft x 8ft room divider tank now... :D

It's an addiction. Prepare to spend some money. We have a wholesaler near us - maybe when you come down again we can go visit and have them fedex you your stuff. They send livestock out to the whole country, they used to be the supplier for our local fish store in NJ! It's a small world! LOL

Take care and have fun with the new aquarium!

September 11, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hey girl,

This one is a 55 gallon tank! I have to run to the doc...back soon1

Meg

September 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home