.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Good morning!

I'm up and sucking coffee down this morning. I fell asleep with my eye make-up on so I look like a raccoon right now. I would film myself but that might frighten young people and I wouldn't want to be responsible for the nightmares they might have.

I've decided what I want to be for Halloween. I'm gonna take my name tag from when I went to see The Price is Right, stick it on my shoulder and then I'll be a game show contestant. That's about all the effort I want to put into it this year.

I saw 3 shows while I was in LA...Judge Judy, Bill Maher and The Price is Right. Judy was easy to get into, I just walked up Tribune Studios and asked if I could go in and watch. They were SO sweet and let me in to see one taping. It was exactly like watching it on TV. The only things that I learned that I didn't know from watching the show is that they have people who get paid to sit in the audience. The guy I sat next to came to LA to be an actor and so far the best job he's gotten was Judge Judy. I didn't get paid to do it...I just had fun.

Also, Officer Byrd holds a clipboard during the taping and when he held it a certain way, you could see that he was just doing crossword puzzles. That was cute. Other than those 2 things and the fact that I was actually THERE and in a seat...it was no different than watching it on TV.

The Bill Maher Show was different. That audience was made up of any people who they could drag in. I was at Grauman's Chinese Theatre when some guy was standing there shouting out, "Free tickets for the Bill Maher Show!" I was the only one to take a ticket. Someone said that the people on Hollywood Blvd. were usually worried that it was some sort of scam but I know enough about how tough it is to get audiences. I knew it wasn't a scam. Anyway, for the show that I saw, (actually it was only part of a show) they had a bunch of John Edwards supporters. I guess they sent passes to people on his donor list.

When we went into THAT studio (which turned out to be the exact same studio where The Price is Right was filmed) they took the people with Edwards t-shirts and put them in front. I would have been on TV but when everyone stood up and cheered for Edwards, I remained defiantly in my seat. Then, when we watched the show, all they showed of the audience was the part where everyone was standing up. So, I knew from the lady next to me where I was...but I couldn't see me. That's what I get for being a bitch.

Then, of course, we went to see The Price is Right. What a PAIN IN THE ASS! We chose tickets for the 4 o'clock show specifically so that we could sleep in that day because we hadn't made plans for Sunday night and you never know so just in case...we chose the later show.

No one told us that it didn't matter what show you chose...you had to be at the studio before 6 AM. There were a few nuts who slept there like it was a Grateful Dead concert but most of us got there in plenty of time by showing up at 6. That line was to get a pass to stand in another line an hour later. So, we drove to my daughter's house and when we got back to the studio, the line we were in was the line where they give you your priority number.

They have a diagram of the seats in the audience and they check off seats as they assign you a number. We were 21 and 22...whatever that meant. We had those numbers stuck to our chests under the yellow tag that everyone wears there. Anyway, we were then allowed to leave again but had to be back at 1. We went back to the house and then out for lunch.

When we came back, we stayed in line until we actually walked into the studio. There were 2 people who came out and called ten people (Numbers 1-10) out of line at a time. We were lined up numerically so it was pretty easy to get the 10 up to the bar. That was actually the interview for choosing the contestants. Of course, you are on camera the ENTIRE time you're at the studio so who knows how they pick them out.

Then, you walk into the studio and find a seat. I ran and got a seat behind the contestants seats. It ensured that I would be on TV but didn't do anything for me as far as getting on stage was concerned. I don't think it would matter where you sat for that show because you couldn't hear a thing. You can't hear the contestants bids, you couldn't hear Drew during the games and you had no idea what the heck was going on. I suppose that if you had watched the monitors, you might have a clue...but from the front row, I couldn't see them.

It's amazing how you cannot hear a THING! They tell you to make noise over and over again so everyone is doing that...a LOT! They all want to get on the show so they're acting like fools jumping up and down. Even after the Showcase Showdown, they keep you hollering with the promise of "Cash at the end of the show!" That cash is $100 that they give to someone who's name they pull out of a box...so you could shut up halfway through the show and it wouldn't affect your chances of being on the show. Although I can't really tell you any tips that I learned from being there...I do know that if I ever go again, I will be auditioning from the time I walk on the studio lot to the time I sit down in the audience.

The next time that I go out there, I'm going to do that again. Only I'll plan it better. I'll call ahead and get tickets to what I WANT to see, not whatever I get tickets for. Of course, I DID want to see Judge Judy...but they snuck me in for 1 case when they do 10 a day. Her "courtroom" is right next door to Judge Joe Brown's...by the way. You walk onto the set and you can either turn right to go into Judy's court or left to walk into Joe's.

One thing that I noticed, the audience has a job to do and there's always someone whose job it is to make you do your job. Whether it's some comic like they had at Bill Maher or someone that just tells you to be loud...they let you know how to act. At Bill Maher they even had us practice that thing where you start out laughing and then slowly go into applause. Then, they tell you when to do that. So, it's not the audience's idea to clap at those moments...they tell you to do it.

Anyway, there's a lot of audience manipulation.

So, I was just listening to my phone messages and there was one that said something about my sister not being "authorized" to hang up on people who call me. My sister is a big girl and if she feels the need to hang up on someone, I trust that she has a good reason. It has nothing to do with me...but I know my sister. She'd be perfectly pleasant to anyone who was pleasant to her. If someone complained to me that she hung up on them, I would just assume that the person did something rude.

OK, my sister is cleaning the kitchen...one of the few things that I didn't clean yesterday. I was hanging up clothes and straightening out closets, the absolute worst in housekeeping jobs. I haven't found anymore sex crap from Rick and his ho...yet. But, I'm sure there's something up in my attic. Actually, I'm also sure that I've come across things that I didn't even know were theirs. Maybe something that I assumed was the kid's. Who knows?

Well, it's been a couple of days and still no apology. Well, it's really been over 3 years without one. Once Rick got me to admit to "my part in the end of our marriage". But...I take that back. It wasn't me. I was just doing what I always did, blaming myself while Rick stood there, all self righteous and still refusing to admit to any transgressions at all.

I took responsibility for my part but in the clearing of my head from all the lies...I see that it WAS NOT me. It was him. Period. I was simply reacting to being totally lied to a manipulated. There was never anything wrong with me. Now that I'm out from under his spell I can see that. I'm just fine.

Oh, by the way, I'm NOT angry...I'm just right.

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man's reaction when caught is to say you are being "paranoid"...or you are "crazy"...or worrying about nothing. A woman should always go with what she feels...9 times out of 10 she is right. I was : )

Tracie

October 28, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

So was I.

October 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home