.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

It's Saturday night...

...and we've been going all day. As I said, we went to Laguna Beach. The reason that I wanted to go was because when I was there 30 years ago, it was a sweet little beach town with artists all over the place, selling paintings. We got there today and there's nothing but expensive shops, a beautiful beach and a bunch of really expensive beach homes, not to mention the homes up in the hills that look down on the ocean. Damn...those were some nice houses.

Oh, and we did have a couple of daiquiri's on the beach...I toasted you all. I toasted quite a few people...but I didn't forget you guys!

After the beach, we came home for a while to rest and then we decided that we had done enough walking. (She and I have been walking since last night on Sunset, I've been walking everywhere I've gone for days.) Anyway, my legs didn't want to work much today in the sand. That walk didn't last long before we just laid down our towel and watched the waves break. After a while we both laid down and fell asleep briefly, you couldn't help it. The sun felt so good and the crashing waves made for a great lullaby. We both woke up when my son called my daughter's cell phone to talk to me.

When we got home, we rested long enough to change clothes again and then we went to get our nails done. You'll be happy to know that my daughter and I both have beautiful, matching toenails and fingernails. Naturally after spending cash on mani=pedi's in LA, we had to go shopping. I got her to take me to Target...but she wants to go shopping on Melrose tomorrow before we go to the beach again. (This time we're going to Venice Beach.)

All we need are 2 t-shirts to decorate for The Price is Right but she didn't like any of the shirts we saw at Target. I was able to buy the computer paper that makes iron-on patches. I hope we're able to make 2 decent t-shirts that don't look too lame.

I asked my son if he could think of any clever things to put on our t-shirts for the game show on Monday. He responded, "How about, 'I flew to see Drew'." I had to pass. Not clever and quite lame to boot.

Anyway, We'll probably hang out here for the rest of the night and then get up early so that we can shop and drive to the beach before traffic gets too bad here.

OH! Today was the first day that I didn't see any famous people! I should be let down but I'm not. I think I've done pretty well so far. My daughter saw some actress walking down Sunset last night but she couldn't think of her name or anything she'd done and I was paying too much attention to the guy the lady was with to understand why Annie was grabbing my elbow...she wanted me to look at the chick. So, I didn't see her and Annie doesn't know who she is...but apparently...she's someone!

OK, I'll be back either later tonight (I'm quite wide awake for someone who's so sore from walking) or before we leave in the morning. See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home