.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, November 19, 2007

If you read my Baby Book...

...you'll see where my mother wrote the first sentence that I ever put together, "Well, what do you know about that?" I don't know what the circumstances were under which I said that, but I'm saying it again. Remember that dating site that I signed up for so that I could obtain fodder for the blog? It never fails to disappoint.

Today I ran across a charmer who said this:

"Hi...I sure am interested in chatting or talking on the phone to get to know you. If you are interested mail me back here or at ***savannah@hotmail.com or send me your number or call me at 111-507-4772 cell. I hope to hear from you real soon! Later Tater David"

I have NO clue how to respond to someone who sounds so desperate. One thing that I DO know, I won't be giving MY number to this one.

Oh, and by the way..."Later Tater"? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Is that a line that works well in Idaho? I don't mean to nit pick...but c'mon..."Later Tater"? Help me Ronda.

Then, there's this guy:

i am doing pretty good. how about yourself. it has been a while. guess you have a life.....hehehe any plans for turkey day?

OK, here's the deal...I don't do men who call Thanksgiving "Turkey Day". Also, when someone writes "he he he", they remind me of the Abominable Dr. Phibes.

This one didn't have a picture on his profile but his description of himself tells a lady all she needs to know about him:

"...I'm a divorced white guy in Savannah looking to meet an attractive lady..."

That sentence speaks volumes.

Of course, not all men SHOULD leave a picture of themselves. Sometimes those suckers do much more damage than just posting a profile without a picture. I don't know what this 24 year old was thinking when he sent a 49 year old lady this picture:



I suppose there are some men who don't want you to get a REAL good look at them so they do this little trick where the picture was taken from a mile away:


The photographer is about 1 mile too close. Is it me or does this guy look as though he's holding in his gut and his shoulders back? I realize that it's a futile attempt to look good. Well, maybe not "good", he could just trying to be looking less bad. He would certainly have looked better with the self confidence to simply post a close up snap-shot of himself. Men...what can you do about them? I give. Oh well, I certainly don't get it.

It doesn't matter anyway. I have a date with a guy who I know, one that doesn't feel the need to lie, deceive or manipulate. So far he's been as honest as he can be. Well, what to you know about that?!

I can't wait to see more of this honesty crap!

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

For a good laugh, look at this one!

"top dawg"

but I think that's what happens when someone puts on their profile, "Looking for a man between 30 and 103"

November 19, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL...why hasn't this one emailed me? LOLOL...that's too funny. You can spend hours at that site checking out silly boys.

Meg

November 20, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

OMG!!

t0pdawg : Normal seeking Normal

That's normal?? Hell! I've been misled!

Where the heck is he standing, btw?

ok, I needed that laugh, that was too funny

November 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home