.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Oh my goodness...

...What on earth goes through a man's mind when he writes something like this to a woman that he's trying to meet:

"...I like pool and shooting darts, I love to cook and i am good at it, i like it even more when i do it for some one special... going to the movies ans every now and then going out and getting trashed..."

Now, I like shooting pool too, but I don't enjoy getting trashed while I do it. Somehow I get the idea that this guy spends a LOT of time in places that have pool tables, dart boards and the stuff to get trashed with...bars.

There's very little that's less attractive than a man who's had too much to drink. The last one that I was around had fooled me a bit. He took me out and although he had a few drinks, he certainly wasn't "trashed". Then, the next time I saw him happened to be in his neighborhood bar...a small little place with a decent clientele. When he saw me, he came over, obviously drunk and started hugging me and kissing me right there in the bar. I was mortified. He was rubbing his hands all over me and I was using both of my hands to keep him away from any good parts. It was awful. He was the only person in the bar who couldn't see how uncomfortable I was. I just got up and walked out with my sister (who was having a fine time and didn't want to leave) and never went back.

Then there was one that I spoke to for hours on end and never once realized that he was drunk every time we spoke. The first time I spent any time with him I figured it out. He drank constantly. I never saw anyone drink so much vodka, well one other person...but I don't want to mention her. I couldn't believe that he had hidden such a HUGE drinking problem from me.

I think the worst drunk that I ever had for a date was the one who got drunk in front of my father. He couldn't have chosen a dumber maneuver if he had robbed a bank. My father was raised by a drunk so he has a special disdain for them.

Well, at least this one told me up front, I won't have to worry about being asaulted in public or having my dinner date get drunk in front of my father and pick a fight with me.

I don't know how I get myself into these messes.

Anyway, tonight is my sister's birthday and there's a restaurant here called Scalini's. It rather good and you eat for free on your birthday so I'm taking her there. She's nothing if not a cheap date!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home