.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Meg,

"...Who is "them". Thats a pretty large blanket statement. All muslims? All middle easterns? Africans?? Who are you mad at, specifically?..."

Good point.

"Them" are those who would whip a teacher for anything whatsoever to do with a teddy bear. Them are those who would like to see every Jew and every American dead. Them are the people who think it's a good thing to bomb innocent human beings.

I know that all Muslims aren't bad...I remember Anwar Sadat. All Africans aren't bad...I've met too many of them to think that. Certainly not all Middle Easterners are evil, I have friends from Lebanon. But...them folks who think that any higher power wants them to kill other humans aren't quite human themselves. I think they're close...like a chimpanzee...but not quite human.

There are other people that annoy me, but they have nothing to do with the teddy bear incident. And if I am politically incorrect in my thoughts regarding the teddy bear incident, too fricking bad. The acceptability of certain thoughts, words and actions change far too often. If I try to be politically correct TODAY...tomorrow I may sound racist. So, I'm just gonna say it like I want to say it.

I wrote an article a couple of years ago and received hate mail because I used the word "Oriental". Apparently that word is offensive.

I wonder if those who bitched even know what the word means? It means EAST! Occidental is west and that's all there is to it. If we can safely use Mideasterners, South Dakotan's and Northern Irish, I don't know why we can't refer to people from the east as Orientals. There's nothing wrong with East. I don't get it and to tell you the truth, I don't care.

I feel like shit and I don't know how I could possibly work like this. Right before Christmas...ain't that a bitch? Whatever...one more thing.

Gotta run,

See ya,

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

I was disgusted when I read that, the first thought that came to mind was right well let them sit in thier isolated world in arab land, in their dillusional "religion" don't allow nice westerners there to teach their kids, clearly its not safe"

The British embassy should be doing more too!!! Shame shame shame, that poor woman is in jail and not even charged!
If disagreeing with the Islamic view makes me racist I wear it proudly I am afraid.

November 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oriental refers to things such as rugs, furniture, etc.
Asian is the correct term for the people of that culture.
Just an FYI.

November 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home