.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"...Does this mean you'll be forsaking all others for him????..."

Hmm. I don't know. I haven't had to make that decision and it hasn't been discussed. I suppose I should act like a single woman for as long as I can. To be honest, I don't know what to do about that. I still like to go out and have fun and like I said before, that's usually all I do. If a guy who's company I enjoy comes along, who knows what I'd do.

I certainly do like Cheek Dude. A lot. But until he asks me not to, I suppose I should just do whatever I want to do. I'd hate to end up feeling like an idiot if I went to his place some night and found a bra shoved in the corner.

I have no idea how this shit works. It depends on what decade I go by. If I go by the 50's and judge by Leave it to Beaver...Wally wouldn't "forsake all others" for Mary Rodgers Ellen. His parents wouldn't let him. They wanted him to date a bunch of people and if it's good enough for the Beav and his family, it's good enough for me.

Now, if I'm going by the 90's...I'd be fucking every guy I went out with and lying about it.

If you date a guy long enough without having sex, sooner or later he just becomes a friend. That's what seems to happen to me anyway. I end up being friends with a thousand guys. That's extremely handy. I have a bunch of different skilled trades covered. But, I'm on the look out for the guy lottery...a contractor. Those suckers can do everything. If one of those asked me out, I'd have to seriously consider it. I don't think I want to be Cheek Dude's friend. I want more out of that one. I guess I should just get it over with and do his ass.

In the meantime, I'll just keep myself at a safe distance. It's probably the best thing to do. I don't want to misunderstand him. Part of me thinks, "He's doing everything just right, as though he REALLY likes me!" And then, after I haven't spoken to him for a while, my head takes over and tells me that it's not that big of a deal or he would have emailed or called. And then he does and I'm back to googly eyes again.

Damn. This is some fucked up shit.

I guess I could just restrain from dating other guys on my own, but until he asks me to, I'll probably keep my options open. If he wanted to try that exclusive stuff, I'd do it. Sure, why not. But it has to be mutual.

I don't know who I'm trying to convince, you or me. Whatever.

How's Hottie McHotterton doing? ;)

He's just fine! Come on over and have dinner!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I just might take ya up on that! I need a distraction!

January 09, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'll distract ya! I'm quite distracting!

January 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh.......not quite the distraction I had in mind!

January 09, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I knew that. :)

January 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home