.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Damn...

...I slept through the stupid lunar eclipse last night. I was so tired that I went to take a nap around lunchtime and I didn't wake up until about 3 AM. Then, I didn't want to get up but my back hurt so much from laying there for so long that I sat up in the bed and watched TV until the birds came out and started chirping.

I hate sleeping through things like lunar eclipses and other stuff that just happens on rare occasions. I missed my chance to see Haley's Comet as well. I don't know if I slept through it or not...I just know that it came around one day and then it left for another 76 years and I didn't get to see it. With any luck at all, I'll be around for the next lunar eclipse which should be in 2 years. I doubt that Haley and I will be seeing each other in this lifetime.

This morning I have to go to court but I didn't do anything wrong. I may have to testify for someone else and I'm slightly freaked out about that but not terribly so. I don't mind so much except for the getting up and getting dressed part.

I hate having to do my hair and all that stuff unless I'm going out and having fun once I finish. It seems like such a waste of time to get all primped up for stupid stuff like court, work and shopping. I'd like to know who actually started make-up and curling irons. Things like that are so dumb but most of us women get up and deal with them every single day.

If none of us primped like that, we'd all be equal. Even movie stars would look like the rest of us if they didn't have make-up and air brushing. I think we should all just stop wearing make-up and start walking around au naturale. I promise...if the rest of the chicks all stop wearing make-up, I will too. I've offered that solution to our daily, time consuming chore a few times but I can't seem to find one female who will join me in my quest to get rid of make-up.

I even have to take a shower just because a bunch of people decided that body odor is a bad thing. I think maybe the French like it...but I'm in Gogia so I can't smell like B.O., I have to smell either like flowers or grits in these parts. I've never eaten a grit so I guess I'll have to bathe and smell like flowers or some other such pleasant odor.

It's not summer so I don't think that we should have to shower daily...but since you never know when someone will be wandering around your body with their nose, I have to. I can't stand getting out of a shower and stepping into a cold bathroom so I stick a small heater in there to warm the room up. That's such a waste of energy but I have to do it.

Not only is it a waste of energy to warm that room up, it's a waste of water and I live in a drought stricken state. This stupid shower is bad for a bunch of reasons but I have to do it. It's not as though I really exerted myself since my last shower...but I still have to get in there and do it again. THIS IS BULLSHIT!

OK then...I have to go take that shower. I almost talked myself out of it but then I remembered the last time I tried to talk myself out of taking a shower. I was sitting on my couch with a guy and he put his hands around my ankle. I asked if he was checking for hairy legs. He said that he wasn't...but who knows? I was quite pleased that I had taken a shower and shaved my legs that day. So...here I go again. Just in case...my pits and my legs will be bare.

But...that's as far as I'm going with the razor so don't even ask. MAYBE in the summer I'll trim other stuff...but only if I know that I'll be putting on a bathing suit.

Well, that's my plan for this morning...I'll be back after court.

:)

1 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

I took some pix for ya! I know, I missed Haley's comet too!

February 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home