.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I just got home...

...and I have to go to bed and get up in well under 4 hours so I have to run. I will be back tomorrow but later in the day.

I lost my pool match again tonight but I did it well. I can't feel too badly when the guys who beat me tell me how good I am. And if I give a good accounting of myself, it doesn't sting so much when I do lose. I won one but needed to win two.

A few weeks ago, I played a 7...and I beat him two out of three games. Before he left he told me that, "The streak is over." I figured he meant that he had won every night that week. It turns out that the guy hadn't been beaten by anyone in the past 6 years and he plays on 6 leagues a week. I had no idea that his streak was over 6 years old. The guys we were playing against realized it was me who had broken the streak before I even knew about the stupid streak.

I felt pretty damn good for a while. And then I lost.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home