.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, February 18, 2008

If you read this today...

...the Quote of the Day is:

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
Amelia Earhart

That sounds like so much common sense but as they say, common sense isn't all that common. I had heard the phrase, "Keep your eye on the ball." a million times but I didn't APPLY that knowledge until the 90's when my son said it during a tennis match. I was out there flailing wildly in the general direction of the ball. My main purpose was to avoid getting hit.

I had gotten hit in the head with a softball as I ran to first base after hitting the ball. I was about 8 and I never tried to hit the ball again...I just tried to avoid it. I could stop the ball...if it dropped in front of me and rolled to a stop...but I pretty much couldn't catch it unless it fell into my bent elbow as I was guarding my head.

But when I started keeping my eye on the ball, I realized that I could have been a great tennis player...I coulda been a contender. Damn it...why didn't someone tell me how IMPORTANT it was to keep your eye on the ball? If I malleable enough to be so afraid of the ball, I could have been moulded into someone who wasn't afraid of the ball. Remember that when you watch your kids doing stuff.

Those little ones are literally putty in your hands. You can do whatever you want with them. It's pretty neat to watch as it works...of course it takes a long time to see your plan come into fruition but one way or another...the kids do what you tell them to. Some of them will fool you. Some really good kids went to Viet Nam and came back all fucked up so you never know but for the most part...you make them what they are.

Anyway, I have hit a mental brick wall. I'm all man again.

Let me try something...this will be an ongoing post. I'll come back when I have stuff to say. Let's see what happens. As Bilbo Baggins said:

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

I plan on having an adventure today. It may be good and it may suck. I don't know what it will be but I want to have fun and as Amelia said, "The most effective way to do it, is to do it."

I'll be back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you tell
Me how that you
Are on your way
To anywhere
Without the one
that you
promised to
Be true to.

Could you tell
Me why that you
Just walked away
From a life
And from the one
You promised to
Be there for.

Could you tell
Me where are you
When night falls hard
And so cold
Instead of with
The one that you
Promised to
Be next to.

Could you tell
Me what you’ve done
And how you found
The will to
Face life without
The one that you
Promised to
Take care of.

Could you tell
Me when that you
Will walk into
The same door you
Walked out of
Back to the one
You promised to
Hold onto.

February 18, 2008  
Blogger Vi said...

I hope you had a FUN adventure, whatever you do!

February 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home