.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I wanted to...

...listen to my dad's playlist so I put earphones on. My son gave me those after he heard 'Loving You' by Minnie Riperton. Anyway, they plug into my computer speakers and then I'm the only one who can hear the music.

So I put the tiny earphone thingies in my ears. Then I stuck the other end in the hole in my speaker. I heard music and I was as pleased as I could be. After about 5 minutes, people started asking me if the earphones were broken because they could all hear the music too. I never plugged them in far enough. I was sitting here wearing the dumb earphones and listening to Mack the Knife.

Anyway, I'm back to where I alone can hear the music but now I can't sing to it because nobody else would hear any music to drown out my singing. Oh well. I could lip sync...how hard can that be? All the kids are doing it.

Oh, someone emailed me and mentioned that 'Downtown' by Petula Clark is in German on my father's playlist. My bad. I'll fix it sometime...I'm sure it sounds fine in German. I would have preferred French...but I got German. I doubt Daddy will mind. I should call him today...he checks out of the hotel he had to check into so that they could tent his condo for termites. He had his Alzheimer's buddy with him so I'm sure it was fun for him.

I was driving down the interstate earlier today and somehow I got behind cows. There was one of those huge cow trucks in front of me. I thought that I saw a couple of cows lying down further up in the truck but I didn't know if that was normal or not. But...I did see something on the news the other day about a beef recall over sick cows going to market.

So, I followed them for a while just to watch and see what happened. The one way in the back was having a hard time standing up but that could have been from the movement of the truck. Then, I saw the cow fall. He never got back up even though he tried a couple of times. Then, he just laid his head down. I don't know if any of that's normal behavior for cows in trucks but it was enough to get me off steak for a while. If those cows were sick, they're somewhere around me or they're heading a long, long way which would only give them time to get sicker...if indeed they were sick. Of course, maybe they were going to the cow hospital, how do I know?

Anyway, I'm freaking out lately. I seem to have taken on a bit more than I can chew as far as responsibilities are concerned and I'm not doing the best of jobs handling them all. That's so annoying because I keep thinking that I CAN handle things and then it doesn't work out that way. But, one way or another...I'm still here.

On top of all that...the lottery thing isn't working out.

Damn.

Now I'm hearing Minnie Riperton in the earphones and that's not good. It gave me brain freeze.

OK, this is cute:

A man robs a bank and takes hostages. He asks the first hostage, "Did you see me rob the bank?". The hostage answers "yes". The robber, promptly, shoots him in the head. Then he asks the second hostage if he saw him rob the bank. The hostage answers, "No, but my wife did".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home