.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Good morning!

Today I saw the anchors on the NBC morning show say, "Stay tuned, after the commercial, we'll tell you how to break up with someone properly!" I just did that so I wanted to see what they had to say...maybe I had done it wrong.

When the commercial was over, I watched as they said what NOT to do after a break up instead of how TO break up with someone. That's no good...those are 2 totally different things. The rules for breaking up with someone are nothing at all like the rules for being broken up with. I was rather disappointed.

All they had to say was a bunch of crap about what not to do after someone has dumped you. They never said a word about how to dump a person respectfully...they basically just said, "Suck it up and take it like a man." OK...how does that do anyone any good?

The way a person reacts is totally dependent upon how they've been treated. If some yahoo cheated on his or her spouse, I would think that the rules would be totally different than if they had sat their spouse down and told them that they weren't happy and that they had to go. If some idiot doesn't have the balls to break up with someone face to face, prefering instead to find a chicken shit alternative...then the reaction is not required to be a classy one.

I don't know why anyone would think that they have the authority to preach to another person regarding break up behavior if they haven't asked any questions about how the other person had been treated during the break up in the first place.

Like the shitheads who thought that perhaps I reacted poorly to my ex and his affair...the NBC people totally took the onus off of the breaker upper and dumped it all on the breaker uppee. They didn't say, "This is how you react when you're dumped by a coward who cheated on you while you had cancer and this is how you react if you're dumped by a person with enough class to do it in a less painful manner." I refuse to believe or accept that my reaction as a dumpee is expected to be the same no matter how I've been dumped.

My ex knew me. He had known me for well over 20 years. If he had a brain, he would have acted like a man, a smart man...and refrained from fucking another woman until he had moved out of my house. Instead...he chose to screw a trailor dwelling bimbo IN my house while I was in Chicago visiting my daughter for what I thought could have been the last time I would ever see her. Then, when the Atlanta Journal Constitution contacted him for a comment about this blog...all he could come up with was, "She can be vindictive." Duh. That was nothing new...and it implied that I had a reason to be annoyed. (It was that kind of stupid comment that always let me know when he was lying...he wasn't quite bright enough to see that he gave himself away everytime that he said something like that.)

It didn't matter how well he knew me, he couldn't keep his dick in his pants for any length of time when he encountered a female who was just tacky and sleazy enough to want any man...married or not. Sol and I somehow found the same type of men.

I was a bit luckier than Sol though...the wopig that my ex banged pretty much shut up, crawled back into her trailor and hid. Sol, on the other hand...is delaing with a hoe that WILL NOT GO AWAY!

I don't think that Sol and I need to react the same way...I can't bitch as much as she can. I could, but it would be wrong of me. With all due respect to NBC, I have my own idea of how to react when you're dumped.

If you're dumped by a person with class...you sort of have to react the same way. Say a guy comes over to your house and sits down on the couch with you and puts his arm around you as he says something to the effect of, "I've truly enjoyed our time together but (for whatever reason) I think that it's time that we parted ways and I care enough about you to hope that we remain freinds." You should respond with a hug and a "I'm sad but I accept what you've decided and yes, I certainly hope that we can remain friends."

If you're dumped by a person who either:

A. Sends you an e-mail
B. Leaves you a post-it note
C. Tells you that he or she needs a few days to think and then hopes that you just go away
D. Calls you on the phone every few days and begs you off for another few days

...you have every right to demand a reason and return the favor with more e-mails, phone calls or post-it notes until you get a decent answer. Of course, after a couple of attempts...you should just give it up and be grateful that you weren't cheated upon, beaten up or left for dead.

If you're cheated upon, all bets are off. I didn't make up the phrase, "All's fair in love and war."...but I certainly do ascribe to it. Do whatever you want to do...you have nothing much left to lose.

If someone beats you up...make sure that there's plenty of evidence of the violence and then use it as your defense in your murder trial.

If someone beats you up, cheats on you AND lies about it all...start a blog. Just be sure that you keep the IP's of the nit wit that screwed your spouse so that you can take it to court when you need it to prove that they are obsessed with you. Oh, and don't give up all your secrets...just enough to annoy them so that when you DO get to court...you have a few surprises for the nimrod and any unethical attorneys like LoLo Coyle-Koppel!

OK then. All of that bitching has made me hungry.

Ciao!

3 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

I don't think that there are too many people out there who really understand how it feels like
to be betrayed by someone you truly loved. I compare it to a wrongful death where you're not even allowed to grieve or to question it, otherwise people will think that you're dwelling

Anyway, my stbx has betrayed me in every sense of the word with his "girlfriend". He's given her so much of my private contact information, that I'm left to wonder where his conscience went.

I was really under the impression that he really loved me, (hey - he had tatooed my name on his arm! "Solaris forever" to be exact) so I wonder what's behind that type of psychology - to love and then to hate - it's really baffling....

But I do think that Rick doesn't haunt you because his girlfriend hasn't used him as as a bullet against you. You know how us women are - we want men to prove to us they love us. So in my case, who knows what the hell she's asking him to do at this point.

But I wont' drive myself crazy wondering anymore - I'm past that.

February 15, 2008  
Blogger Determined said...

oh crap, I forgot to add that I didn't make my then hubby get a tattoo of my name. That was something he had surprised me with. I'm sure by now, Colon PAID to have him remove it

February 15, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I compare it to a wrongful death

I TOTALLY agree.

As to the tatoo, I bet she gnaws that sucker a bit at a time as he sleeps.

:)

February 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home