.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

This brought back memories...

"...He's still in that "fog". It's funny how in court, he's unable to look at me straight in the face. Either he feels some type of inner long repressed guilt that he's afraid to let out, or he's just being arrogant - although I've never known him to be arrogant while he and I were married. The website Surviving Infidelity mentions how when a cheater is under "the Fog" they tend to rationalize the affair to level out the feelings of guilt. The fog by the way, is a sort of brainwash where the cheater tries to justify his affair, and the longer he is with the person whom he's having the affair with, the more justified his girlfriend will "rationalize" the affair with him..."

That "fog" reminded me of what I went through with Rick. Ands it is amazing how universal the "fog" is, as well as the behavior that the cheaters exhibit whilst they're cheating. That's why we all relate so well, we've all pretty much been through the same thing. This email was sent to me a long, long time ago:

Meg,

"...it's amazing how common human behavior is. I used to ask my husband if he loved me, and he used to tell me, "of course I love you, and I love spending weekends together with you".
All of a sudden when I found out about the affair, I became the most disgusting thing to him. Where the hell do they get all that sudden anger from?? Why are they so angry, we weren't the ones who did the bad deed - thye were!..."

It comes from their guilt. They need to see you as evil so that they can convince themselves that you deserve to be treated like dirt. After all, if it isn't your fault, that leaves him. And he's not gonna admit he's wrong becuase if he does, he can't screw his wopig without guilt.

Their stupid pea brains will tell them anything that they need to hear to justify what they're doing. I didn't stay with Rick because he was a jerk...most of the time he adored me and acted like it. When I was nothing but a road block to the new road he wanted to take, I became the object of his contempt and that meant that I deserved to be dumped on. So, dump he did.

And he didn't just dump on me, he promised that if I was "good", he would act like he loved me again. After all, everything was my fault anyway, remember? But, nothing I did was good enough, he just kept raising the hoops higher and higher and like an idiot, I kept trying to jump through them. The main hoop was that I couldn't say anything about my suspicions of the affair. That was a deal breaker. Basically, I was supposed to sit back and quietly accept his bimbo. What a jerk I was. I did try, but I couldn't do it...the signs were too obvious and in my face.

Oh well, if you're going through this now, remember, karma is a bitch and you need to celibrate losing such a cowardly, sadistic, asshole.

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Determined said...

I don't think enough people understand the gut wrenching pain or the emotional rape one feels by the betrayal... if it was understood completely, there'd be laws against this type of behavior.

Have a safe trip tomorrow!

February 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home