.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Good morning!

I am very confused. Somehow, I wrote a bunch o stuff and then found half of it at the end of the post. I don't know how that happened and I don't know where this part came into the other post. So, since I have no clue, I'll just post them separately. Here's what I found at the end:

I imagine half of the great stuff in the world was created because some guy wanted to not be a pussy. Or they just wanted to show everyone what real men they are so they built giant phallic symbols all over to show everyone what....show them what? What big johnsons they had? I don't know. I doubt anyone ever looked at the Washington Monument and thought..."Uh oh, a country full of large dicked men! We should leave toot sweet lest they beat us with those giant peckers!"

Anyway, the guy I went out with last night was a bit older than I, I'm not sure how much older but obviously older. I keep remembering what my Aunt Mamie used to say when I asked her why she married so many old men (she outlived four of them), "I'd rather be an old man's sweetheart than a young man's slave." She was a smart lady...I have finally figured out what she meant. Not that Rick was all that young, but he was older than I. My birthday is June 29th and his is June 19th...he's ten days older than I am. He wasn't very nice at all.

But, if my aunt's theory proves right...the old dude should be very nice to me. So far, he has been delightful. I can't get over what a lovely night we had and I can't wait for him to come back.

Usually guys open up when they meet me because I'm just easy to be around, I guess. I pretty much treat people the same way conversationally whether I've known them forever or I've just met them. That puts people at ease and many, many guys have told me, "I don't know why I'm telling you all of this, you're just so easy to talk to."

My date was easy to talk to as well. You know, with as many Mike's as there are in the world, I don't think it will hurt to call him by his name...which is, of course, Mike. He's a HVAC dude who owns his own business. He's been doing this since he was 18 and was hired by an older HVAC guy so that the older guy could teach him the trade. So, chances are he's pretty good at that. And he's from a small town in South Georgia which makes him a country boy. THAT'S always a good thing. Well, not always...if they come from too deep in the country they sleep with their sisters and eat gophers but this one isn't that type of country boy. He's the type who grew up used to hard word and with the right manners. He knows how to treat a lady.

And you know what that means don't you? It means that I have to start mowing my lawn in front of him. I doubt I'd make it one pass across the yard. Men like this one would never, ever let a lady do anything physical. I LOOOOVVVVEE men like that.

And here is the part that I wrote before I found the stuff up there:

I had a really pleasant date last night. The guy offered to come by one night this week and change my furnace filter for me as I wrote in the last post. I also mentioned that I would make him dinner for changing the filter so that way he might fix anything else he finds when he's down there. The furnace is under the house and I don't go there.

I watched a show about Underground Paris once and as much as I'd love to wander around under the city of Paris, I could never crawl through the little caves the guy took to get there. I can't imagine the photographer who had to follow the dude with all of his equipment. I guess men just do stuff like that so that no one calls them a pussy. Anyway, I won't crawl under Paris for the same reasons that I won't go under my house...spiders and snakes.

Oh, and there's that claustrophobia thing but claustrophobia won't keep me from at least TRYING something...but the fear of slimy things and bugs will absolutely stop me cold. If I think there might be ONE little spider in a closet, I won't open the door. I have to check my shoes for spiders before I put them on and I also check my panties for earwigs. That's because once when I was putting on a pair of panties after a shower, I looked down and saw an earwig in the crotch. It's hard to take off your panties while you're running around in circles but somehow I did just that. Anyway, before that I was pulling my panties up carefree and unaware of the possibility of an earwig in the crotch. Can you imagine if that sucker had gotten me just so with those pincers? Just thinking about it gives me the shivering willies.

My father has quite an odd sense of humor...as you might have guessed. (I didn't get this way by chance.) I didn't always think he was funny but apparently, he did. Once when I was 4 I was sitting on the hallway floor outside the bathroom when a water bug crawled on my bathrobe where it was spread out on the floor. I screamed and my father picked up a can of Ajax and put it over the water bug. Then, he sat there and laughed because I was paralysed with fear. If I moved, the Ajax would fall over and the bug would get me. If I stayed where I was, another one might come out and crawl up my robe. It was awful...but Dad got a kick out of it. He's such a card.

Anyway, now I'm terrified of bugs. Actually, any tiny thing would scare me. If you can kill it with a shoe, I don't like it. Say if a horse was one inch tall. I would know that it's a horse and not a bug but that wouldn't matter. The idea that it could crawl on me would have me running for a can of Raid...or horse killer spray. Hell, I'd use a fly swatter if I had to.

Well, I need to go see if I've had anymore answers to my slave ad (see the post where I advertised for a slave...AND GOT RESPONSES!). I also need to get out of my jammies so I'll see ya in a while!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home