.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm not in jail...

...I just had a busy day. Oh! Duh...I forgot about what happened when I went to the courthouse in Marietta. First let me tell you that Marietta has a "downtown" area called The Square. They actually call it The Marietta Square and it has a large square park in the middle of it. The Square is formed by 4 streets, all named Park...as in West Park and yes, even South Park. I glanced at that sign when I crossed East Park.

Anyway, East Park Street is totally fronted by courthouses which go back a couple of blocks to the police department and City Hall. Marietta is the county seat so we also have Cobb County Courthouses which are also over on East Park, across from the park. Here is an aerial picture of the Square.........it's the bunch of trees in the middle of town. The way the picture is oriented, the courthouses would be the ones on the upper left street of the square itself. That's East Park. South Park is the upper right street of the square. I hope that makes sense:


(Now that I look at the picture above this sentence, I can tell you that I parked in the paking lot in the very bottom right hand corner of the picture and walked over to the far side of the Square.)

These Southerners take great pride in their gardens and it shows in the park itself:

This is a picture of the fountain in the middle and you can see the gazebo as well.


They also have a bandstand on the other side. People get married in the gazebo and I've seen politicians and movie stars under the bandstand. They have festivals in the park and art shows...it's really quite nice.

Anyway, it's tough to find a parking spot in the morning because of the courthouses and other businesses around the area. I parked way on the other side of the park so I had to walk through it to get to the courthouses. You can see the complex of buildings on East Park, the government buildings start at the Square and go back further than you can see in that aerial shot.

I walked into the first courthouse that I came to and went through security wearing that Department of Corrections shirt (see the picture in the previous post). I asked the sheriff where I would file a small claim and he directed me to a different building. So, I walked in between courthouses to get to the right one and then I went through security at THAT building too. Next I walked through the lobby of the Sheriff's Office to get to the elevator to the third floor where I had to go to file the claim. After I filed the paperwork, I passed some REAL prisoners on the way from the window with the file lady to the window where you actually pay for filing the claim. I guess they were trustees going to their work assignment but I don't know.

That entire area is crawling with cops. They're everywhere, walking in the buildings and driving outside of the buildings. It's the best place to go if you want to get arrested. Or so one might think.

Not ONE SINGLE PERON said a word to me. I spent some time in lines and walking through the square, crossing streets and passing through security...all the time wearing a shirt that said, in great big letters, DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS.

Go figure.

On top of that, I was wearing slippers. I didn't realize that until I was driving and I suddenly perceived the feeling of "not shoes" on my feet. I looked down to find that I was wearing my brown fuzzy slippers. I was already at the Square so I just went in like I was, slippered and shirted suspiciously...and not one cop asked me the first question.

Anyway, I got all the stuff that I needed together and faxed it all to the producers of the show at my friend's work. Then I went home and emailed the producer who informed me that all she got from Georgia was about 18 pages of white. Apparently you have to have the paperwork facing UP and I did not know that.

So, back to the same place and I faxed it the other way because the first way never would have worked at all. I'll tell you more as it happens.

Well, I need to pick someone up before 5:30 so I'm going to go and do that now. You guys have a great day!

PS By the way, here's the list of stuff that I needed to fax to the producers:

A Recent Photo
A Statement for the Judge telling *** what happened
A Copy of the Claim filed with the Court
List of the Evidence and copies of Evidence you have to bring
Description form providing us with information about yourself (see attachment)
Exclusivity Agreement signed and returned (see attachment)

I faxed it properly and I just received this email:

"I got it now! Thanks for getting everything to me so fast! Did you talk to ******** about doing the show?"

I did and I told them that I did. So, that's where I am now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

LOL if i had been there I would have filmed the entire experience and made a tube :-P
Oh and if asked by someone i would have explained how I was making a documentry lol

June 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home