.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Hello!

I'm wide awake at 1:47 AM because I slept today again. There isn't much that I can do with a broken ankle. I'm not supposed to put any weight on it at all until I see the orthopedic guy but I don't have insurance anymore so I can't do that. Rick only had to pay for the insurance for 3 years so he stopped that a while back. The alimony will be going on for well over a year yet so that's cool.

I let a nit wit park a car in my carport last year. He said that he was going to work on it, get it ready and sell it. Well, over a year later that car was still parked in my carport. I pay the rent and I can't use the only parking spot that will allow me to walk into the house without getting rained on.

I've asked the guy to move it a few times. I asked him to at least park it in my second driveway but he wouldn't even do that. Having the broken down car at my house was bad enough, but having it take up my best parking spot is just too much. It had been there so long the tires had gone flat. Nothing says red neck like a broken down car with 4 flat tires right outside of your house. I was way more than decent about it. But you know how some people take decency and consider it weakness? I seem to attract more than my share of people who think that I won't ever stand up for myself.

That's a stupid move on the part of people who read my patience and kindness as a big "USE ME" sign stamped to my forehead. I shouldn't let things get so far so I'll own that much of the problem. But the bottom line is that if someone is blatantly disrespecting me in ways that I don't deserve to be disrespected, I will get sick of it sooner or later. The bad thing is that I go from easy-going to steadfastly demanding respect. I get to a point where a line is crossed. And I think it's blatantly disrespectful to leave that car at my house AND in my only decent parking spot.

Anyway, after all my requests to move the car were ignored, I mentioned it to someone who saw me trying to get from a car to the door on crutches. They immediately called the cops to see what could be done about the car in my carport. I would think that there would be some sort of responsibility on my part with that car on my property. It's not as though I needed any other reason, the inconsiderate nature of the guy who owns the car more than justified anything that had to be done so that I can park closer to my door. So, a person who cares enough about me to get that car moved for me did so.

And I will never do that guy another favor for as long as I live. I have a point, like most people do, where I just refuse to take any further disrespect. If someone is not a positive influence in your life, that's bad enough. But when they are a complete negative for an extended period of time, sooner or later, something's gotta give.

When friends of mine would tell me how awful their husbands are, I never tell them to leave the guy. It wouldn't work. Until someone is ready to leave on their own, they'll just go back again. Unless my friend is being abused, I won't tell her to leave her husband or her boyfriend. Like me, they'll know when they've given all they had. Then, when they do walk away, it's with a resolve and confidence that allows them to be free of guilt.

Then, when the sucking nature of a negative relationship stops sucking the life out of you, it's time to breathe deeply and say...AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

And now, when it rains or when I have groceries to carry in, I have a carport to keep me dry and very close to the door. Cool beans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home